The Pearl of Orlando Florida

they took her i94 out very neatly with a staple puller and took her EAD. hopefully we wont have any issues cause her EAD expires in november. along with her florida DL.

i didnt realize they are suppose to stamp her passport, do you think we should go back and explain what happened?

they took her i94 out very neatly with a staple puller and took her EAD. hopefully we wont have any issues cause her EAD expires in november. along with her florida DL.

i didnt realize they are suppose to stamp her passport, do you think we should go back and explain what happened?

The stamp is optional - most don't give you one. Most don't take the EAD card, though.

Her saying that the card will come after the "check" says you may not get it right away. But the fact that she took the card says that it might.

Maybe InfoPass time? They should be able to tell you the exact status of your case - if the card has been approved or what. Watch the USCIS case status page, also.

how about rent. I said we don¡¯t rent and I purchased the home before she arrived I would have to complete another closing package and pay another 6000 in order to get her name on the mortgage.

Sounds like an approval to me...

Just a note for others who find themselves in this situation needing proof of residency/ownership, but unable to redo mortgage.

You also have an opton to do a quick-claim deed. This will be filed with your county and change ownership on the deed from you to you and your wife. Then you have a document to submit which shows valid ownership of the property. This is actually more binding than a mortgage. Also, most mortgage companies generally won't add someone to the mortgage unless they are already on the deed, but this can also be done during closing.

I did this for Lisa's original AOS. Made it super easy.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

how about rent. I said we don¡¯t rent and I purchased the home before she arrived I would have to complete another closing package and pay another 6000 in order to get her name on the mortgage.

Just a note for others who find themselves in this situation needing proof of residency/ownership, but unable to redo mortgage.

You also have an opton to do a quick-claim deed. This will be filed with your county and change ownership on the deed from you to you and your wife. Then you have a document to submit which shows valid ownership of the property. This is actually more binding than a mortgage. Also, most mortgage companies generally won't add someone to the mortgage unless they are already on the deed, but this can also be done during closing.

That would be a Quitclaim deed

That would be a Quitclaim deed

i thought i tried that a while back.....

and it didnt work

Edited by izus (see edit history)

i thought i tried that a while back.....and it didnt work

This is not only a common practice for AOS 'prove your marriage is valid' purposes, it is frequently used to change from individual ownership (or joint) to a trust ownership every where I have lived, including Florida. Go to the Clerk of the Court in your County and record this deed. You either recorded it or you did not. Recording a Quitclaim is easy and has been reported on CFL before.

Of course, for those of you who don't want your wife to own half your house....And, don't forget the recent warning on CFL about the severe tax consequences ($100,000 tax free limit, generally) when estates are passed to non-citizens. Please consult a tax adviser.

Sorry you guys got the Orlando Pearl. If your wife's background check is complete, she should get the GC in a few weeks. Sound like everything will be fine.

Tine & Ella

:D

thanks Tine

im sure everything will work out, it was just a kind of shock, we just were not expecting the attitude.