Reading an interesting book

I just picked up this book and it is real interesting, "1421, The Year China Discovered America". It is written by Gavin Menzies who was and officer in the British Royal Navy.

http://www.1421.tv/assets/images/index/book-cover.jpg

www.1421.tv

It is a interesting book so far and a real eye opening surprise in some ways. Some of the things I have read in it I have heard about before from different places. I hope to learn more as I read and find the book to be worth the money spent on it.

There seems to be two different subtitles for the book. Most have been done to try and make it more interesting to us Americans.

Edited by Corbin (see edit history)

I saw something about this on History or Discovery channels a while back. While it is an interesting story and makes a compelling argument, the 'facts' are not generally accepted.

Yes I would have to say that the fact would not be generally accepted by the general academia because it would set much of history on its ear.

As it stands, academia at times can not explain how it is possible that there seems to be some maps that show accurate land masses before the accepted history of when Europe could plot accurate courses at sea. Before they had the ability to accurately draw maps that show the coastline the way it really is. Most of the early maps were drawn in very poor detail and not very accurately.