American Citizen Hours

Guest WenDylan

I'm going to try attending one next month. I have so much time invested in this Visa "adventure" already, so what's one more hour?

I would say if you can go. Go! Good idea!

I am finalizing my plans for my trip to Shanghai I bought plane tickets Visa is processing will have it Tuesday 8/12 and I am wondering if anyone knows about travel to Guangzhou from Shanghai Train or Plane? I guess the plane is easy but it seems pricey...$200 roundtrip each person? train would be cool but I guess the trains in China are not very luxurious like I want it to be. I thought Shuyan and I would get a little room on the train and have a romantic trip to GZ like 17 hours? But Shuyan has informed me there is not a luxury train or First class car just seats and some beds but not very private or nice?

Any Suggestions on my travel from you guys would be great.

Train in China is not like any luxurious. The "room" is more like a slot (sleeper class) with 6 bunk beds, 3 on each side of the wall. It is not private at all and you often need to be watchful as someone might pass by your slot and take some of your belongings. Though, there are some uniformed polices on train, you still need to be careful. The beds are not very comfortable. It sems like it is smaller than American twin size. If you get a bed that's close to the restroom, you will end up smelling it all the way to GZ. Trust me, it is not pleasant.

I'd say if you can afford it, go by plane. If you really try to save $$ and want to go buy plane, you can log on to China Southern China Airlines's website. I noticed that sometimes they have last minute special fare for the next day or same day departure. My husband got it last time for us when we flew from Beijing to GZ. Normal price is about $200 US, but we got the next day departure for $60 US. The down side is that if you couldn't find the special deal, you might end up missing your chance for the Monday ACH and have to wait for the next week, so it is your choice.

Shuyan is purchasing the plane tickets...2 round trip Shanghai to Guangzhou $400 ....ohh well wtf else can I do I have to go to this ACH on Monday 25th

I will leave Sun 24 spend the night somewhere close to the US consulate go to the ACH then fly back Mon afternoon to Shanghai..I will be in China 9 days..19th until 28th..Roundtrip from San Francisco to Shanghai $875. I need to just take plenty of pictures and submit the requested documents after I go to the ACH and complete a new trip to China if they think its not bonafide relationship? How about a new Chinese Visa stamped and shown @ the ACH to a VO...I am really working to submit these requested things off Blue and Pink Forms Shuyan got @ her interview on July 17th. So thats my plan can you guys advise? With 1 more trip to China to help convince them and submit all the items they requested? and a ACH visit to the Consulate.

Thanks so very much I leave in 7 days to see Shuyan...I am so excited and worried and nervous and exhausted they really seem like they promote discouragement. Our relationship is real I am so disappointed in the system.

Edited by jaybird (see edit history)

Yes they do make a not in the file that the petitioner did in fact attend ACH, and that they were in China.

Is the ACH still only on Fridays? Or is it a different day also? Our interview is on Wed, and I'll be there on Monday before the interview.

Mondays 2:30 - 3:30. Get there at 2:00

Jeff

Yes they do make a not in the file that the petitioner did in fact attend ACH, and that they were in China.

Is the ACH still only on Fridays? Or is it a different day also? Our interview is on Wed, and I'll be there on Monday before the interview.

Crap... my flight doesn't get in until 6PM in Hong Kong, and it's at least 3 hours to Guangzhou.

Crap.