looking for pals waiting for p3

I would like to share p3 information from GZ with people whose cases were sent to GZ in earlier August.(Mine was sent by NVC to GZ on 8th Aug).GZ didn't reply to my fiancee's email yet.He wrote them 4 days ago plus weekend.

Please keep in touch about p3 information.I heard GZ is busy with those case were hold at custums a couple of months ago ,and they probably wouldn't start to deal with our cases untill September???I wish not.......................

Francine,

NVC mailing date of August 8th is in delay as were previous mails and mails to come, I am sure. It is the consulate's new routine. GZ will have no info for you until this mail is delivered and then 2-3 additional weeks after that for GZ to enter it into their system.

Keep this airbill number and track the shipment's status.

You can expect as much as a 2 month delay.

DHL website.... http://www.dhl-usa.com/

airbill- 9435275920

%%- Good Luck

Francine,

NVC mailing date of August 8th is in delay as were previous mails and mails to come, I am sure. It is the consulate's new routine. GZ will have no info for you until this mail is delivered and then 2-3 additional weeks after that for GZ to enter it into their system.

Keep this airbill number and track the shipment's status.

You can expect as much as a 2 month delay.

DHL website.... http://www.dhl-usa.com/

airbill- 9435275920

%%- Good Luck

TYWY,thanks for your reply.I also heard many people got p3 within one month after their cases got approved by NVC.I hope I can be as lucky as them:)

I even know one girl filed case in this May 15th,and will get interview in middle of september.

Anyway,I will keep an eye on 2 girl's cases.Both cases of them were sent to GZ in July,and I will post here to share the information with you guys.

good luck to everybody!

Guest Al & Yi
I also heard many people got p3 within one month after their cases got approved by NVC.I hope I can be as lucky as them

Why our government / consulates let the Chinese customs hold our mails for so unreasonably long? I just don't believe there is nothing our government / consulates can do about the customs' delays. Could it be the consulates / NVC introduce the delays ?

If you got the mail and don't pick up, you can say it's delay on the other side. Who knows?

Anyway, the DOS should do something about the "custom delays".

I also heard many people got p3 within one month after their cases got approved by NVC.I hope I can be as lucky as them

Why our government / consulates let the Chinese customs hold our mails for so unreasonably long? I just don't believe there is nothing our government / consulates can do about the customs' delays. Could it be the consulates / NVC introduce the delays ?

If you got the mail and don't pick up, you can say it's delay on the other side. Who knows?

Anyway, the DOS should do something about the "custom delays".

hi AL&YI:

This is what showed up:(

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 08, 2003 15:11

Manchester, NH - USA Shipment picked up

August 08, 2003 18:01

Manchester, NH - USA Departing origin

August 08, 2003 20:08

Manchester, NH - USA Departed from Manchester, NH - USA

I was so lucky to get p1,p2 and NVC approval within 2 and a half months,but now.............

I was approved by the NVC on 8.07.. I sent e-mail to GZ on Thursday and haven't heard anything back yet. I'll let you know if/when I hear anything..

btw, how did you get the airbill #? Does the NVC issue approvals in batches so they can get all of the applications out in a single shipment?

Guess they should have used FedEx :)

Copy the posted waybill/airbill number. Open DHL site, paste the number in the "fast track waybill" field and hit "go". A tracking list will show the status of the shipment, updated every 24 hours.

No question is stupid. The only stupid question it the question not asked.

The way I understand it, NVC recently contracted with DHL Express courier to handle deliveries to GZ. How ever the procedure is handled, DHL had to obtain certain release documents because of a new procedure of some kind implimented by the Chinese central gov't. and enforced by CAN customs. These release documents, or diplomatic cover letters as they are called, had to be obtained by DHL with the help of the consulate before customs would release the mail and this takes time. It is an application process that takes time and which may suit the consulate well. In any case, if anyone is wondering, "what happend to my petition between NVC and GZ?", well, as I have told others, it sits until it clears customs with the proper documents and DHL can deliver it to the consulate.

These are the hard facts and at least now you know whats going on.

Hopefully it won't be a long wait and I wish everybody the best of luck but in the meantime, NVC can't tell you anything but the mailing date and GZ definitely can't tell you anything until they have the case loaded in the computers. The best you can do now is keep track of the mail.

I hope I am wrong. Nothing is consistant here but more than likely, I am right.

---I was told that NVC sends out petitions twice a month, 50 or so petitions to a box. That would correspond to the dates of this so called "delay" mail...05-09, 22...06-12, 27...07-08, 18...08-08, 08-??...I'll take a guess,,,I say yesterday, Friday August 22...lol. Any takers?

-good luck and have patience. your time will definitely come!

Copy the posted waybill/airbill number. Open DHL site, paste the number in the "fast track waybill" field and hit "go". A tracking list will show the status of the shipment, updated every 24 hours.

No question is stupid. The only stupid question it the question not asked.

The way I understand it, NVC recently contracted with DHL Express courier to handle deliveries to GZ. How ever the procedure is handled, DHL had to obtain certain release documents because of a new procedure of some kind implimented by the Chinese central gov't. and enforced by CAN customs. These release documents, or diplomatic cover letters as they are called, had to be obtained by DHL with the help of the consulate before customs would release the mail and this takes time. It is an application process that takes time and which may suit the consulate well. In any case, if anyone is wondering, "what happend to my petition between NVC and GZ?", well, as I have told others, it sits until it clears customs with the proper documents and DHL can deliver it to the consulate.

These are the hard facts and at least now you know whats going on.

Hopefully it won't be a long wait and I wish everybody the best of luck but in the meantime, NVC can't tell you anything but the mailing date and GZ definitely can't tell you anything until they have the case loaded in the computers. The best you can do now is keep track of the mail.

I hope I am wrong. Nothing is consistant here but more than likely, I am right.

---I was told that NVC sends out petitions twice a month, 50 or so petitions to a box. That would correspond to the dates of this so called "delay" mail...05-09, 22...06-12, 27...07-08, 18...08-08, 08-??...I'll take a guess,,,I say yesterday, Friday August 22...lol. Any takers?

-good luck and have patience. your time will definitely come!

hi tywy, thank you so much for your explaination in detail.You are so helpful . now I know what's going on at least , b4 I was just wondering where my case is.

Bobby,please keep in touch.my email: francinbq at hotmaill.com(MSN too)

good luck to you!!

francine

I'm curious about those airbill  #s Where do you get them?  According to NVC my petetion was forwarded to GZ on 23 July.  GZ says they haven't received it yet.

jimb

Same delay, Different month......carbon copy of previous months.

Thanks for the 07-23 date. I will add it to my records. I tried soliciting the board for dates weeks ago but no bites.

The numbers are DHL tracking numbers for bulk mails shipped and received.

I'm curious about those airbill  #s Where do you get them?  According to NVC my petetion was forwarded to GZ on 23 July.  GZ says they haven't received it yet.

jimb

Thanks for the 07-23 date. I will add it to my records. I tried soliciting the board for dates weeks ago but no bites.

Hello TYWY, thanks again for your help about DHL clearance dealy.I keep checking the status and a question just crossed my mind this morning that if all cases sent by NVC to GZ through DHL and if all of the cases need to get through this new "Routine"? a couple of friends of mine got p3 pretty quick .One even got p3 20 days later after their case got approval from NVC.

ALso ,do you know the airbill of Junly 29th? my friend anny would like to check her case DHL status and she has no ID here.thank you :D

good luck

francine

jimb

Hello TYWY, thanks again for your help about DHL clearance dealy.I keep checking the status and a question just crossed my mind this morning that if all cases sent by NVC to GZ through DHL and if all of the cases need to get through this new "Routine"? a couple of friends of mine got p3 pretty quick .One even got p3 20 days later after their case got approval from NVC.

ALso ,do you know the airbill of Junly 29th? my friend anny would like to check her case DHL status and she has no ID here.thank you :rolleyes:

good luck

francine

It's cases like that that tear my model all to hell!...lol, but I am happy for the ones that get thru.

My data comes from the information I have accumulated from different sources whereas I established a correlation between the dates, pick-ups, and p3's. That is why I previously asked others for NVC mailing dates so as to strengthen my model. I had five dates to work with so that wasn't too bad and it all came out well. The waybill numbers were merely "gaging sticks", if you will, to moniter the shipments.

My model held up to scrutiny and I'll leave it at that.

Keep the August 8 waybill number and check it periodically.

-good luck

I'm curious about those airbill ?s Where do you get them?  According to NVC my petetion was forwarded to GZ on 23 July.  GZ says they haven't received it yet.

jimb

ALso ,do you know the airbill of Junly 29th? my friend anny would like to check her case DHL status and she has no ID here.thank you :rolleyes:

good luck

francine

It's cases like that that tear my model all to hell!...lol, but I am happy for the ones that get thru.

My data comes from the information I have accumulated from different sources whereas I established a correlation between the dates, pick-ups, and p3's. That is why I previously asked others for NVC mailing dates so as to strengthen my model. I had five dates to work with so that wasn't too bad and it all came out well. The waybill numbers were merely "gaging sticks", if you will, to moniter the shipments.

My model held up to scrutiny and I'll leave it at that.

Keep the August 8 waybill number and check it periodically.

-good luck

tywy, I check DHL everyday and I am really thankful you gave me the airbill of August 8th, anny keep asking airbill of June 29 ,so is this on your modle too?:P

thanks again

good luck

francine, mine was approved in June by NVC and send to GZ, but the embassy didn't get it till July 24, they send out the P-3 last week. There was a problem because my fiancee moved and GZ didn't have her new address in Chinese character, so make sure this is in your file or contact GZ and fax them the address in Chinese character, saves time.

francine, mine was approved in June by NVC and send to GZ, but the embassy didn't get it till July 24, they send out the P-3 last week. There was a problem because my fiancee moved and GZ didn't have her new address in Chinese character, so make sure this is in your file or contact GZ and fax them the address in Chinese character, saves time.

hi wolf,thanks for your input.I will fax them soon about new correspondence soon but wonder if they will accept it since I have no GUZ number from GZ yet.Can I just leave name,birth date and GUZ number from NVC?

how about your case?you got GUZ number from GZ?

many thanks

francine