Hong Kong Airport to Guangzhou express bus

Why do you want to go through HKG and get into all those troubles? Is it cheaper? Or you need to go HKG for business or pleasure?

My wife and I did the Hong Kong thing. Really not so bad. My wife met me at the airport, and then we took the bus from HKG to Guangzhou (a little university, I think). The bus of course stops on the boarder, and you have to depart Hong Kong, and then go back on the bus and get your passport stamped for mainland China. You have to take your luggage off the bus through customs, and then put your luggage back on. Not too much of an ordeal, although it took 3.5 hours for us to get to our hotel in Guangzhou after I got my luggage in Hong Kong.

We also travelled back to Hong Kong for a brief vacation, taking the train from Guangzhou East station to Hong Kong (Kawloon station). This wasn't too bad either, and actually was cheaper and faster than the bus.

We went back to Guangzhou from Hong Kong Disneyland, but they only sold us a bus to Shenzhen for 80 RMB each. From Shenzhen we bought another bus ticket to take us to Guangzhou.

When we went back to Hong Kong, we were staying with some for Li Yin's family in Shenzhen, and we took a small van, which took us directly to the airport for 150 RMB each. We stayed at the Novotel Citigate for a little over $160, the night before we flew home (hey, flying coach from HKG - Newark isn't that fun, so we at least wanted to get a good night's sleep before our trip).

All together we made 4 trips in and out of Hong Kong--- two busses, one private van, and one train ride. Wasn't really inconvenienced on any trip.

Edited by bokiwen (see edit history)