Property : The Original Sin...

One influential Chinese economist's view on speculation in the housing market...Burst the Bubble Now... :D

http://www.bjreview.com/expert/txt/2008-07...tent_136235.htm

That guy has to be one of the most sensible, realistic (or is it pragmatic? :huh: ) economists I've ever read. We couldve use a few of him here when our bubble was starting to grow.

I'm no economic expert but that guy makes a lot of sense IMHO.

We watched a talk show this weekend that we try to always see. It's hosted by Hung Huang, that's right, the woman who made the movie with all women in it and all they do is sit around and talk or walk down the street and do nothing and it starts with the two silkies having their heads chopped off and then flopping all over the kitchen spurting blood... :angry: that woman... :D

So anywho it's on Shanghai TV and it's all in English because she spent a lot of time in the US so she doesn't talk about "lifts" or any of that British English stuff... B) Now where was I again??? :D

Oh yeah she had this Chinese woman guest who had lived in Japan for 16 years and was an exec for a financial services company there. She said that prices in the most desirable section of Shanghai were now the same as in Tokyo... :o But that the Japanese places are built MUCH BETTER (now that I do NOT find hard to believe seeing the low quality of Chinese house construction) so she predicted a MAJOR fall for the very high prices in the big Chinese cities... :huh:

One influential Chinese economist's view on speculation in the housing market...Burst the Bubble Now... B)

That guy has to be one of the most sensible, realistic (or is it pragmatic? :huh: ) economists I've ever read. We couldve use a few of him here when our bubble was starting to grow.

I couldn't agree more Dave...whether you're a realist a pragmatist or a cubist... :angry: But let's NOT go back there... :D

it starts with the two silkies having their heads chopped off and then flopping all over the kitchen spurting blood... :D that woman... B)

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that this is wrong... :huh: They didn't chop the heads off, just slit their throats... :angry:

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)

[ We couldve use a few of him here when our bubble was starting to grow.

But see Dave here we've got everybody in bed together and there is NO OVERSIGHT of anything because the country is run by CROOKS AND IDIOTS and now they're going to bail everybody out once again without fixing the underlying problems of course... :D

But we shouldn't talk about this here so please disregard what I just said... :huh:

One influential Chinese economist's view on speculation in the housing market...Burst the Bubble Now... B)

I couldn't agree more Dave...whether you're a realist a pragmatist or a cubist... :angry: But let's NOT go back there... :D

Yes, let's not. Maybe we should just use IST. :D

it starts with the two silkies having their heads chopped off and then flopping all over the kitchen spurting blood... :angry: that woman... :D

The more I think about it the more convinced I am that this is wrong... :D They didn't chop the heads off, just slit their throats... B)

The fact that you're thinking about it more is a little scary Rog. :huh:

[ We couldve use a few of him here when our bubble was starting to grow.

But see Dave here we've got everybody in bed together and there is NO OVERSIGHT of anything because the country is run by CROOKS AND IDIOTS and now they're going to bail everybody out once again without fixing the underlying problems of course... :angry:

But we shouldn't talk about this here so please disregard what I just said... :D

Talk about what? :huh: