Laura Bush Letter

mark. You're just a fax terrorist.. LOL Frankly I say forget Laura...She did get that stuff allright

It's a waste of time... Like my Congress people...

Dont give up so easily,

The more that gets a letter the more they are likely to ask some questions.

If by slim shim chance barbara mentions it to Powell, Powell mentions it to Harty well , you get where im comming from.

And if next week Bush hears of it again maybe , just maybe someone will finally get the message and do something.

Remember , this thing will not go away by it self or fix it self.

The more we remind them, the more it will get done faster.

who the hell is Barbara?? You are 2 admistrations behind Mark :-)

I agree somehow , yes.. But I still say... K issue ranks next to save the spotted owl on the white house agenda. Period.

Buyt I'm not giving up.. I just want to be realistic.

LOL,

All those Bushes are the same to me, lol

What the heck is her name, Laura?

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

You know, I just want to forget the Clinton years.

I disagree. The reason our plight does not reach them is because we rank waaaay ( and I mean wayyyyyyyy ) behind Al Queda, Iraq and North Korea... Has nothing to do with the Rich and Oil..

I know Iraq, Al-Queda, and N. Korea are on his mind. But he just signed a bill to protect (bail out) the insurance companies if there was a terriorist attack. Also, he gave power to companies to allow them to change the 401K plan :lol:

Guest Victoria

I'll double check with the Texan who actually did the mailing, but he is very reliable and would have reported any reply of any kind as soon as he got it. I say we forget it.

I don't think we should resend the letter or waste time trying to establish whether or not it was received. The letter itself is now a bit out of date, requesting help before Thanksgiving. Also, our concerns have changed, and our demands are quite specific at this point. We would, for example, no longer ask "when will our loved ones' visas be issued?" because they would just say, "They are being issued already, just be patient." And our plea would no longer be for her to "exert some influence on the situation". That is just too vague.

We would need her to champion our cause, call Powell, tell him to move the remaining names out of DoS NOW, cleared or not, to be sorted out after the applicants are stateside, and to get some more people over to GZ to get the work done before Christmas (or New Years at the latest), because families are suffering and crying and screaming for redress and what they're doing to remedy the situation is just not good enough.

Let's see how many drafts YOU need to write before a letter like that comes out fit to send.

Victoria