Does the white book itself serve as enough of a declaration that the translator is certified to translate a document into English or is the following form still necessary?

thanks

J

I , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and

languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the

document attached entitled .

Signature

Date Name

Address

The white book is all you need.

Good luck!!!!!!

Ok, I'm feeling dumb, what is the white book......

Sorry Corbin, should have been clearer, the white book is what the notary office gives you with the translated documents

j

Oh, thanks.....

now I feel smarter...... :)

Yes it is a certified translation, the notary office makes notation of that fact, usually with a raised seal.

just fyi, when your fiance goes to pick up her medical check results , they'll rip out only the necessary pages from the whitebook. The chinese text and the translation. There are two other pages which state "the English translation is in conformity with the original Chinese text..". They won't include those in the sealed medical result package.

just fyi, when your fiance goes to pick up her medical check results , they'll rip out only the necessary pages from the whitebook. The chinese text and the translation. There are two other pages which state "the English translation is in conformity with the original Chinese text..". They won't include those in the sealed medical result package.

Won't the consulate already have them with the original I-130 application-j

Edited by hopelives (see edit history)