Medical Exam - Again ?!

Well, my wife got her AOS interview date in September, 5 months after filing AOS, not bad for San Jose office, in a county with 51% immigrants. But the notice also asked her to bring "Medical Exam Results". She had K1 medical less than a year ago, and we submitted her immunization form, part of I-693 with her AOS application. Why the hell they ask it again?

sy

Well, my wife got her AOS interview date in September, 5 months after filing AOS, not bad for San Jose office, in a county with 51% immigrants.  But the notice also asked her to bring "Medical Exam Results".  She had K1 medical less than a year ago, and we submitted her immunization form, part of I-693 with her AOS application.  Why the hell they ask it again?

sy

They won't.

Print the following BCIS recent memo and show them.

I-693 is now good till AOS app is adjudicated

What happen if your wife (a k1 visa) had her medical in GZ more than one year ago, does she need a physical before her AOS interview?

FROM BCIS WEBSITE

: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.