Liuzhou Nightmare

My wife is from Liuzhou. She has heard of a nightmare inducing story. She swears that a fellow Liuzhou women has been waiting 3 years for her marriage visa, and during the waiting period. The couple had a baby. She waits alone in China waiting for the chance to reunite her family. Of course, my wife's paranoia has exponentially increased since she heard this story, and no matter my assurances she is convinced we face a long arduous journey. She may be right of course, but I am optimistic tha time frame will fall within the norm.

I am flabbergasted that the american government is keeping the family of a US citizen apart, and I know I am looking for a needle in the haystack, but is anyone aware of the Liuzhou story and care to shed some light on the story

thanks

J

Edited by hopelives (see edit history)

I think each case is unique. There are things to look at in the filing paperwork, and it's up to the VO to determine whether or not to grant the pink slip. Sure, there's bound to be some baseline for the VO's, but that's conjecture, on my part. Past the baseline? There's bound to be a plethora of anomolies that would qualify as 'visa fraud' , so there's lots of stuff that gets looked at if the petition falls outside the baseline.

After 9/11, it took an inordinate amount of time to get a visa, and the 'waitiing time' has diminished. Just let yer lass know that in most cases, she'll not have to wait 3 years.

But hey - she's fidgety, waiting on the paperwork to come thruogh - maybe she's found 001 site and is reading on all of the 'horror stories' - I suggest she doesn't do that often - it will depress her more and more (my opinion).

I don't know about Lizhou specifically, but I do know that a high amount of documented visa fraud has come out of Fujian, so anyone in Fujian gets looked at in more detail. It may be that the case from Lizhou got pegged into the 'black hole' period when the FBI wasn't up to speed on the name checks.

Be Well, and Well Rested !!!

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

It does happen but it is the exception rather than the rule. Usually when the VO suspects visa fraud and issues a white slip. Few visas take more than 14 months even with a blue slip issued.

It does happen but it is the exception rather than the rule. Usually when the VO suspects visa fraud and issues a white slip. Few visas take more than 14 months even with a blue slip issued.

I guess I will be one of the few. I am looking at 18 months for a CR1. :(

What is the hold up on yours or are they keeping that a secret..... :(

:( Of course they are keeping it a secret Corbin. Can't let us get one up on 'em can we? :D

:( Of course they are keeping it a secret Corbin. Can't let us get one up on 'em can we? :D

That is the part I dread thinking about..... the what if.....

but for the most part I put it aside because I know until I file and it is in the pipe line there is no good reason to worry about it. Though keeping Ada from worrying about it is a challenge because she hears this or that and it gets her to worrying.

Approaching 24 months... hopefully an interview later this year.

What stage is the orginal subject in this thread? ie... no noa2 ? or failed interview? You can see from my timeline I was at NOA1 for about 19 months

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I am flabbergasted that the american government is keeping the family of a US citizen apart

If you go to visa journey and look at a country like say India many people are sitting on a long wait. You are not talking about the american government but a single or a handfull of government workers that have been handed the ability to play "god". What happens behind the doors of GUZ is hard to know. Would a supervisior pull an employee into his office and tell him or her( you need 5% more cases finished every day). fastest way is to hand out a blue slip. Maybe someone has to chase that blue slip down. Really do a lot of running and work for one case. It just sits at the bottom of a pile. Maybe it is the other way we can keep a full staff here busy if we have a great deal of blue slips handed out. Keeps the funding up. Job security. Truth is no one on this board has much of an idea about the inner workings of this government agency. We just hope the do a good job and they are a bit more on the ball than most government workers.

Wait until you need to go to a SS office to get your intended a card and you are denied because that person has no idea of her duties and the actual rules she has to work with. Her main worry is putting in that next 20 years to retirement.

I guess I will be one of the few. I am looking at 18 months for a CR1. :lol:

Approaching 24 months... hopefully an interview later this year.

What stage is the orginal subject in this thread? ie... no noa2 ? or failed interview? You can see from my timeline I was at NOA1 for about 19 months

You have to admit your case is not run of the mill. Considering the ink was barely dry on the divorce from the first Chinese woman you sponsored it is understandable that it is taking so long.

My wife is from Liuzhou. She has heard of a nightmare inducing story. She swears that a fellow Liuzhou women has been waiting 3 years for her marriage visa, and during the waiting period. The couple had a baby. She waits alone in China waiting for the chance to reunite her family. Of course, my wife's paranoia has exponentially increased since she heard this story, and no matter my assurances she is convinced we face a long arduous journey. She may be right of course, but I am optimistic tha time frame will fall within the norm.

I am flabbergasted that the american government is keeping the family of a US citizen apart, and I know I am looking for a needle in the haystack, but is anyone aware of the Liuzhou story and care to shed some light on the story

thanks

J

Jie is from Liuzhou, I'll ask her. Over the course of the last two years I've met quite a few women from Liuzhou in one stage or another of getting here, or are here already. I think I only vaguely remember her telling me about one lady having trouble. The rest are pretty straight forward success stories. Hope mine is too! ;) I'll be leaving here 8/13 to head over there for the interview, so we're pretty excited!

Jeff

thanks

J

Jie is from Liuzhou, I'll ask her. Over the course of the last two years I've met quite a few women from Liuzhou in one stage or another of getting here, or are here already. I think I only vaguely remember her telling me about one lady having trouble. The rest are pretty straight forward success stories. Hope mine is too! :( I'll be leaving here 8/13 to head over there for the interview, so we're pretty excited!

Jeff

Great news on the interview, I wish both of you good luck. As far as the details of the case, I have none but will ask next time we chat. To me the baby is the kicker, Perform a DNA test, if the USC is the father, grant the visa, end of story

Jim

Guest WenDylan

I'll be leaving here 8/13 to head over there for the interview, so we're pretty excited!

Jeff

You better bring your camera with you and savor those first photos of your family in America... and Oklahoma! :(

thanks

J

Jie is from Liuzhou, I'll ask her. Over the course of the last two years I've met quite a few women from Liuzhou in one stage or another of getting here, or are here already. I think I only vaguely remember her telling me about one lady having trouble. The rest are pretty straight forward success stories. Hope mine is too! :rolleyes: I'll be leaving here 8/13 to head over there for the interview, so we're pretty excited!

Jeff

Great news on the interview, I wish both of you good luck. As far as the details of the case, I have none but will ask next time we chat. To me the baby is the kicker, Perform a DNA test, if the USC is the father, grant the visa, end of story

Jim

Well, I just finished my nightly chat with Jie. I asked her about your story. She said she hadn't heard about it, but reiterated the stuff I already mentioned. She knows several ladies already here, I've met some too, and there are others in the visa process somewhere. So, ... just because we didn't hear about it doesn't mean it is possible, but I know that Jie sometimes asks me about things that she's heard that she thinks are incredulous. Rumor mills abound, and it's easy to get excited about things when you're worried about your own outcome too.

Thanks for the well wishes on the interview. We're just in preparation mode now, and I'm pretty excited about seeing her again, because it's been since New Years I was there last.

Jeff