New Beijing Architecture

Many of the old will be ousted for the new over the next few decades I think. If China is set on moving forward I think they will see this as a way to do it.

This is nothing new as it happens in many old cities that are trying to up their image to the rest of the world. Even historical baseball parks get ripped down and replaced. Those building that do survive this type of change usually are the same on the outside only.

Guest WenDylan

Many of the old will be ousted for the new over the next few decades I think. If China is set on moving forward I think they will see this as a way to do it.

This is nothing new as it happens in many old cities that are trying to up their image to the rest of the world. Even historical baseball parks get ripped down and replaced. Those building that do survive this type of change usually are the same on the outside only.

Nothing lasts forever, and if we tried to keep them forever without a sizable investment, you would have a bunch of unstable buildings that wouldn't withstand any natural disaster.

It seems like some places here, we recreate Chinese architecture, and then over in China they recreate more modern and western style buildings. Seems pretty logical, and that's the majesty of world modernization, and perhaps the taste the architect, or the investor. :blink: