Just got a call from GUZ

Just got a call from the consulate in GUZ.

They asked to speak with my step son.

Why do you want to talk to him?

GUZ: we are doing a 'customer's service survey... :victory:

oooook :sweating_buckets:

They asked him how he's doing and if everything is ok. He said yes, and that was it.

I think it was more like trying to see if he's with me and if we are fraud

I can't believe the 'Customer service' bit :bangin:

Edited by stacato (see edit history)

This actually happened to us, too. They called to see if my Sweetie had had any troubles getting her fingerprints.

At the time, I was a little nervous because there were those urban legends going around about a security guard in the building who would call up to find out where the girls were staying and then drop by later (or some such nonsense). I remember thinking that I was being foolish, though, and that it was probably just a normal call for follow up.

Is a follow up call usual? Have other people received the call? It seems very clever, but if this was really a check up and it really affected the receipt of visas, I think we would have heard more about it.

Anyway, just wondering.

There is no reason whatsoever for GUZ to make a follow-up call to the US - you are WAY out of their jurisdiction.

I suppose it's possible that someone with the USCIS would ask them to do that, but even that seems very far fetched. I can't imagine what purpose it would serve.

They have been known, however, to make check-up calls within China before the visa is issued - VERY rarely.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

My wife just got home from school and asked him exactly what they asked. (Obviously they spoke in Chinese). he said they asked if he was 'satisfied' with their service.

Yea right, the consulate is worried about losing customers :sweating_buckets:

The strange thing is that they are already here. However we are waiting to apply for the 10 year green card, so maybe they work in cooperation with the USCIS . Who knows?...

Edited by stacato (see edit history)

Oh, holy crap, they called your house in the States? I thought you were hanging out at Yang's hotel or something...

The consulate called us the night of our interview while we were still in the building. We didn't get any calls in the States...

That would creep me out a little. I mean; How old is your son? Is he old enough not to be fooled by someone pretending to be the Consulate? My gosh, I know that the odds of it being anything bad are a million to one, but please be careful! There are all kinds of nutjobs out there today!

Just got a call from the consulate in GUZ.

They asked to speak with my step son.

Why do you want to talk to him?

GUZ: we are doing a 'customer's service survey... :roller:

oooook :roller:

They asked him how he's doing and if everything is ok. He said yes, and that was it.

I think it was more like trying to see if he's with me and if we are fraud

I can't believe the 'Customer service' bit :unsure:

You already got your CR-1 and CR-2 visas and you are already out of the grip of USC, GZ. This phone call seems very odd to me.

I wish they had called me ! I have been waiting for CR-1 for the last 2 years. They never called me !

Ken88

LOL, put them on hold for one hour would have been better LOLZ

:roller: X- FILES

We rarely 'hear' here about what goes on at GUZ during their afternoon hours (sans ACH or ACS) - maybe there's an evening crew that is maing calls to the states?

As for customer service - what kind of response would a child be able to give ? For that matter, a beneficiary? (unless had some abnormal thing with blue slip overcome).

I can only imagine what that phone call would look like if Tsap took the call... Ye Gods !

Guest Mike and Lily

We rarely 'hear' here about what goes on at GUZ during their afternoon hours (sans ACH or ACS) - maybe there's an evening crew that is maing calls to the states?

As for customer service - what kind of response would a child be able to give ? For that matter, a beneficiary? (unless had some abnormal thing with blue slip overcome).

I can only imagine what that phone call would look like if Tsap took the call... Ye Gods !

The evening crew are the ones that make the calls and troll CFL for suspicious characters like yourself! :roller:

Edited by Mike and Lily (see edit history)

Oh, holy crap, they called your house in the States? I thought you were hanging out at Yang's hotel or something...

The consulate called us the night of our interview while we were still in the building. We didn't get any calls in the States...

That would creep me out a little. I mean; How old is your son? Is he old enough not to be fooled by someone pretending to be the Consulate? My gosh, I know that the odds of it being anything bad are a million to one, but please be careful! There are all kinds of nutjobs out there today!

He's 17 going on 18 next month. They called me and the number showed on my phone. It was definitely the consulate

The woman identified herself as a consulate employee and asked to speak to him directly. I asked her why, and she said they were doing a customer's service survey. Go figure..

This actually happened to us, too. They called to see if my Sweetie had had any troubles getting her fingerprints.

At the time, I was a little nervous because there were those urban legends going around about a security guard in the building who would call up to find out where the girls were staying and then drop by later (or some such nonsense). I remember thinking that I was being foolish, though, and that it was probably just a normal call for follow up.

Is a follow up call usual? Have other people received the call? It seems very clever, but if this was really a check up and it really affected the receipt of visas, I think we would have heard more about it.

Anyway, just wondering.

We never had a follow up call of any kind at any step of the way. Boy, I wish they had called and asked about fingerprints. I would have given them an ear full! :sosad: :angry: ;) From the time Li arrived in the States until she received AOS, she was fingerprinted seven times. ;)