I've heard that this could be a problem at the interview. I was wondering if it's at all possible to get a pink without having to quit the party. She needs to be a member for her job and quitting would "put a dark spot on her record", as she put it.

Anybody else have this problem? Is it best to quit the party before the interview? Thanks!

see some recent discussion here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...31913&st=15

The strategy of quitting depends on the visa type she interviews for... we discuss that a bit in the other thread.

what is the petition you file or have filed?

She won't get the visa if they are aware of her membership; The added time is 4-12 months.

We applied for the K-1 fiancee visa. We just received the NOA2, so we've still got some time to think about this.

Hello nabeshin216,

Welcome to CFL. I'm a relatively new member also and posted the same question last week on this forum and someone else posted the same concern in another forum just a few hours after me. Below are links to the original threads that contain some useful links to past posts on this issue.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31912

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31913

Watch these threads because I'm hoping in the next few days to post a follow up with some good information my sweet fianc¨¦e Haiqing discovered about Chinese law and the CCP. She has sent me a Chinese copy and she is trying to find and English copy so I can post them here together. Understanding the Chinese law gives you valuable information about how to answer questions on any forms you need to complete as well as how to deal with questions that may come up at your fianc¨¦e's interview.

Thanks to other member who replied to those two threads we were able to come up with a good way to handle this issue.

Best of luck,

Bob

Thanks for the info! It seems that the issue won't come up in the visa application because it's a K-1 visa and might come up at the interview. So I'm thinking that since we still have 4 or 5 months until interview time, the best thing for her to do is to stop payment now to the party and hope that the issue doesn't come up...

Guest WenDylan

Thanks for the info! It seems that the issue won't come up in the visa application because it's a K-1 visa and might come up at the interview. So I'm thinking that since we still have 4 or 5 months until interview time, the best thing for her to do is to stop payment now to the party and hope that the issue doesn't come up...

She will need to have proof of not being a party member at the interview. It is a relatively touchy issue with GUZ it seems... you don't want to give them any more bullets than they already have to shoot down your case. I would advise to be honest, and at all cost remove yourself from the CCP in order to secure that pink! :D

Best of luck and wishes to you and your family! Welcome to CFL!

Edited by WenDylan (see edit history)

A K1 will fill out the DS-157 which we discussed in the other thread, which asks about Professional and Social organizations that one has been a member of.. even if one gets around that by an interpretation of this is not asking about political affiliations,

The K1 also fills out the GNI-2, which does ask for political parties and organizations (now or have been).

These two P4 documents are received just prior to the interview, filled out and included into the medical envelop; then hand delivered to the interview and checked at that point.

You can be sure that they review these since there is evidence of blue slips based on these forms along.

If the VO never asks, then they are likely to award the visa; if they ask and one answers inconsistent or at least affirms membership (past or present), most likely they get a blue slip... regardless of chinese law since we're talking about US law (however out dated it might be).

A K1 will fill out the DS-157 which we discussed in the other thread, which asks about Professional and Social organizations that one has been a member of.. even if one gets around that by an interpretation of this is not asking about political affiliations,

The K1 also fills out the GNI-2, which does ask for political parties and organizations (now or have been).

These two P4 documents are received just prior to the interview, filled out and included into the medical envelop; then hand delivered to the interview and checked at that point.

You can be sure that they review these since there is evidence of blue slips based on these forms along.

If the VO never asks, then they are likely to award the visa; if they ask and one answers inconsistent or at least affirms membership (past or present), most likely they get a blue slip... regardless of chinese law since we're talking about US law (however out dated it might be).

Hello David,

You are right, there is a gray area in the DS-157 as it does not specifically use the word "political" whereas the GNI-2 does.

Our objective with understanding the Chinese law on this issue was to comply honestly with the US laws in answering any forms and interview questions. Of course we are hoping for a pink but can accept getting the blue if that happens. We just want to be prepared for it so that the transition from blue to pink can be as quick and seemless as possible.

Also, thanks for the procedural information, I always like to know how things work.

Best to all,

Bob

Hi all. So my fiance is NOT a CCP member, but he does work for the government in a government office. Do you think they will ask for proof of not being a CCP member? I dont even know how you can get such a thing. Or will they will trust us when we fill out the K1 application stating no political affiliations? Just preparing for any red flags! I hopet his is not a problem since there are a lot of government workers who aren't party members.

Hi all. So my fiance is NOT a CCP member, but he does work for the government in a government office. Do you think they will ask for proof of not being a CCP member? I dont even know how you can get such a thing. Or will they will trust us when we fill out the K1 application stating no political affiliations? Just preparing for any red flags! I hopet his is not a problem since there are a lot of government workers who aren't party members.

Just answer "no" in the appropriate forms mentioned. The worse case is, if they didn't believe him, a VO could ask for an employer letter... but I've not hear a VO challenge a "no" yet...