Post NOA2 Help

Hi everyone. So I just got the NOA2 (finally) for a K-1 visa from USCIS today, and I must admit that I'm a little befuddled at what the next step should be.

I've perused the forums, and it suggests that the application gets forwarded to the NVC before going to GZ. Is that right? Do I need to submit anything new to the NVC, or is it just an automatic referral from USCIS to NVC and then onwards to GZ?

Finally, I also noticed that the NOA2 stated that "the above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." But the letter itself does not specify which consulate. Is that normal for a NOA2, or do I need to go chasing to see if I correctly filled in "China."

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Ashe.

When I first joined CFL, I read everything I could find on the site.

One of the amazing pieces o documentation is the EZFAQ -

take a look ?

http://candleforlove.com/FAQ/CFL_EZ_FAQ.htm

You can also call a hotline number, get a human, check the current status of the petition.

Welcome to CFL !

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Your now boarding the slowest boat to GUZ... NOA2 is the boarding pass...

find a very comfortable seat as you'll sit there for a few months. Get up and stretch your legs occasionally and as you bend over, recall GUZ is the most ruthless and unforgiving consulates around the world...

As Trigg used to warmly greet newbies: "Welcome to our nightmare".

HELLO AND WELCOME TO CFL!

This place is great and full of information. Since you are new, I would suggest that when you have some time you check out as many posts as you can. I did when I first joined, and I found many answers to questions I had. It is a great way to learn a lot about many different aspects of the process.

BY THE WAY...CONGRATS ON THE NOA2...I AM HOPING TO GET MINE SOON. GOOD LUCK!!

Hi everyone. So I just got the NOA2 (finally) for a K-1 visa from USCIS today, and I must admit that I'm a little befuddled at what the next step should be.

I've perused the forums, and it suggests that the application gets forwarded to the NVC before going to GZ. Is that right? Do I need to submit anything new to the NVC, or is it just an automatic referral from USCIS to NVC and then onwards to GZ?

Finally, I also noticed that the NOA2 stated that "the above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." But the letter itself does not specify which consulate. Is that normal for a NOA2, or do I need to go chasing to see if I correctly filled in "China."

Thanks in advance for any help.

yes, this is correct it will go to the nvc next. you don't need to submit anything. in 2-4 weeks you will get a letter from nvc stating that they will send your petition to guz within 1 week. then, in a couple of months guz will send the p-3 to your honey and the end is drawing nearer.good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I am in this boat now.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I am sending an AR-11 and letter via fax to the NVC today, as my fiancee has a new address in another city.

They (USCIS) has assured me this is all I need to do.

But..

is there anything i can start doing, any paper work that I should start gathering, just to be prepared.

I don't want to come down to a time crunch in the end and miss something if I can start now well in advance.

Any suggestions?

I am in this boat now.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I am sending an AR-11 and letter via fax to the NVC today, as my fiancee has a new address in another city.

They (USCIS) has assured me this is all I need to do.

But..

is there anything i can start doing, any paper work that I should start gathering, just to be prepared.

I don't want to come down to a time crunch in the end and miss something if I can start now well in advance.

Any suggestions?

AR-11 is only used for RESIDENT ALIENS moving within the USA, not for moves in foreign country.

You can call NVC or when it leaves NVC, you can call DOS and inform them of this, OR you can email GUZ the updated address when they get the case.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

http://travel.state.gov/about/info/info_308.html#visa

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

my case is similar to Chilton. i sent GZ my hubby's new address, but they reply saying that they don't see a difference between the old one and the new one i provided. I mean, it is a different city, different city name and different house #??? Anyways, GZ says they will still send to the address on file, which I hope it will somehow get to my hubby.

my case is similar to Chilton. i sent GZ my hubby's new address, but they reply saying that they don't see a difference between the old one and the new one i provided. I mean, it is a different city, different city name and different house #??? Anyways, GZ says they will still send to the address on file, which I hope it will somehow get to my hubby.

After the P3 was sent to the wrong address, I sent them an email telling them of their error. They followed up with a phone call to my then finacee asking her what I was talking about?? :huh: She managed to straighten them out and the P4 did come to the right address. :D

After the P3 was sent to the wrong address, I sent them an email telling them of their error. They followed up with a phone call to my then finacee asking her what I was talking about?? :huh: She managed to straighten them out and the P4 did come to the right address. :D

I just sent another e-mail to GZ, explaining over and over that the new address I am supplying them now is a different one then what they claim to have on file. I left my hubby's phone # in my e-mail, I hope we will get our P3 then P4 just like everyone else. ;) =)

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem with change of address. i notified them by fax a few days after they received my petition, i even called a week later to confirm the address was the new address. a few months later i found out my p2 arrived at the wrong address, p3 soon followed at the wrong address. luckily it wasnt too big of a deal, it was just a little more inconvenient getting the mail, but i can't imagine how much trouble there'd be if the wrong address was not deliverable.