Dress code for AOS interview

We were business casual... We wanted to feel comfortable and wear something that we felt confident in... Also, didn't want to appear that we were 'trying' too hard... Hope that helps.

(oh, and we were approved... so, I guess it worked)

Sweet! Thanks for info!

Business Casual. My wife had a nice blouse with slacks. Tank top and ripped jeans for me. :D

(Dockers and dress shirt... NO TIE!)

There was a mixture of dress in Dallas when we had our AOS. People were in suits and people were in jeans. I guess it just depends on the circumstances of the case. The people with lawyers had to match the lawyer themselves and went for that sharp-useless look! ;)

I don't think there is a dress code. They could care less about what you look like and more about the validity of the relationship. My wife was dressed in jeans and t-shirt (oversized being 7 months along).

She rarely is in anything other than jeans. GUZ interview she was in jeans, slammed dunked first time. We got married she was in jeans. AOS interview again jeans. Guess what, no one cared....

My advise is dress how you feel comfortable, it will show.

The way you dress is part of the overall impression you make.

In Chicago I'd wear a sport coat for sure and maybe even a tie. Wife may want to wear a modest dress or nice slacks and a blouse.

Sure people pass in jeans but there's no downside to dressing up a little bit.

Okay, I didnt think it would hurt to look nice. Ours is in downtown LA oh yeah!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Ohhh ... LA ...

We had an AOS interview for our daughter in Santa Ana. I wore a blazer, khakis, and no tie; Lao Po wore a dress, and our daughter wore black slacks and a nice top.

Our interviewer was a nice middle age lady wearing a dress. She had a well appointed office ... couldn't even tell it was government.

We felt completely comfortable and the whole thing went well.