question regarding CCP membership

I don't really like this question. I understand that purpose of it, however it really burns me because I actually feel safer with a communist party member Chinese fiance (or wife) of an American who comes here with the knowledge and understanding of our economic system.

As opposed to these nice little white extremist movements which are otherwise so popular in this country. I will let you decide who is safer to live among. I watch these videos about all the illegal aliens wanting to sue American businesses for the right to work. And then I meet all the people here who struggle to do everything the legal way even through ever little detail, which burns into their minds "what should I do" and "what do I need to prepare to do". It really just peeves me off I guess you could say and I thought I would rest my night on those words.

Kinda off topic, but more in topic. I am looking forward to you both overcoming this! I think with the right heart and mind set, anything is possible. I don't see how something so wonderful could be destroyed, even by our great system. Best of luck and my prayers are always with you. I hope that my dreams of peace can be shared with as many people as I can wish my blessings upon.

I really enjoy hearing from you, and I am excited for my case to finish with pink, and I am even more excited to hear about the great triumphs of all the great friends I have met on here as well!

Hey Dylan,

I hear you, there are a lot of injustices in life and when you start comparing different situations against each other they can multiply like soap bubbles. I came to the realization some years ago, that I'm probably not going to be able to change those injustices, nor do I have the time or energy to do so.

I live my life by something I decided a while back and that is: I would rather be happy than right! For me it keeps things nice and simple just like in this situation with the CCP membership. I could rant and rave about how the laws are out of date, send letters to congressmen, GUZ, DOS and anybody else I could think of, make phone calls, pass petitions ... etc., etc., etc., or I can spend much less time finding out the best and most simple way to deal with the situation as it is now structured, get our pink and be done with it. Happy rather than right. Besides, I'd rather spend all that time writing love letters to my sweet fianc¨¦e Haiqing!

But like I said, I hear you! And sometimes it can be a hell of a lot of fun to just bitch about it and get it off ones chest!

I look forward to getting our pink and I'm certain that we will, even if there is a blue in the path prior to it, as we are now prepared for our situation with the knowledge gathered here from new friends at CFL. I'm looking forward to hearing from you as well when you and Wendy get your pink. By your words I can tell that you're a gentleman and a good person to call friend. Perhaps when you and Wendy are back here in the states, if Haiqing and I pass your way in our travels through the US, we can get together for a pizza and share stories.

Enjoy your day!

Bob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to what dnoblett posted earlier it's either 2 or 5 years depending on ones situation regarding party involvement ... if I'm interpreting it correctly.

I haven't looked at this stuff for a long time... but based on the reading of the second one: "... in the case of..." that is china.. .ergo, 5 years. Just a logical read.

Consult an immigration attorney and not CFL for truly legal distinctions. :blink:

I think as some are saying... to GUZ... it ain't so gray... and too much thinking is going on here.

And it's 5 years as the applicable rule as far as I recall... which shouldn't change much in most cases anyways.

That is my take on it, 5 years due to the fact that China essentially only has one party ruling the country, it would be 2 years if the person was from a country that has fair elections and the communist party was just one of many parties that is in the elections, sort of like a person being a democrat or republican here in the USA.

Hi David and dnoblett,

This 2 or 5 year issue I read about it but kind of skipped over it knowing that it didn't apply in our case because my sweet Haiqing just quit paying her dues as of December 2007 which will only give her 8 or 9 months of none membership prior to her interview.

We're more or less preparing ourselves for a blue if that happens and then we'll comply with whatever questions or information/documents are needed for the overcome. We'll get the pink eventually, just a matter of time now that we have the support of friends here on CFL, thanks for your help.

Both of you have a terrific day!

Bob

I was also wondering about those whose fiancee or spouse straight up quit the party without waiting for the six months. Was it an easy process? What were the reprecussions?

My fiancee has told me how difficult it is to just walk in and say "I quit". She says that the party would make things very difficult for her and/or her family in the future. For example, they would prevent her from getting some jobs in the future if we decided to move back to China. Any idea if this kind of stuff is true?

Hi nabeshin,

I have heard from my sweet Haiqing that it is difficult also. She told me if she walks in and quits a lot of eyebrows would get raised and she'd probably lose her job which she's had for over 9 years. That is why she chose to simply stop paying her dues and not make a big deal about it so hopefully no one else would notice until she was "out of Dodge".

I didn't know that she stopped paying her dues until this became an issue a few weeks ago. She is so smart that she checked out the situation ahead of time on some of the Chinese visa websites and simply decided it would be smart to stop paying dues last December. Gotta love a smart lady!

Let me know how your situation turns out.

Have a terrific day!

Bob

I don't think it blows holes in your logic. Just because there is the stipulation that you must have quit 2 years prior to filing for the visa to clear this requirement, this does not change the accuracy of your answers. If they ask you "Are you a member of the CCP?" the answer is still "No". If they ask you "Were you ever a member?" the answer would be "Yes". It would be up to them to ask "When did your membership end?"

Correct, this happened to Paula, and Mama Bear.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=18469&hl=

18. Are you a CCP member? ¨Cyes.

Surprised. Are you a current CCP member?¡ªyes. I have statements for it from me and my husband.

Show me¡ªshe read it very carefully and thanked me for the statements.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=21187&hl=

Mama Bear was prepared before interview for a blue slip.

Hey dnoblett,

These are a couple of good links! I think you may have posted them on the other thread talking about this issue and I read them there. I learned two valuable lessons from them which I shared with my sweet fianc¨¦e Haiqing.

From the first link: When you have that pink slip in your hand the only thing that should come out of your mouth is "thank you, thank you and thank you" as you cordially leave as quickly as possible (I'd have a hard time not running myself!).

And from the second link: Be prepared, be prepared, be prepared! I think her transition from blue to pink was much less painful because she was ready with some support documentation at her interview.

This is why I've been turning over every stone possible to see what pearls of wisdom may lie there. Collected and put together into a cohesive "Statement of Explanation" they should go a long way in making the transition from blue to pink as smooth as possible.

Thanks again for all your help!

Bob

Maybe they just won't ask. :D

(Wishful thinking!)

:huh:

That would be a blessing we would love to have!

On another note: The CCP approached my sweet fianc¨¦e Haiqing today requesting she pay her last six months of dues ... damn, no more flying under the radar! She told them she was busy and would get back to them later and sent me an email in a panic asking what she should do. I told her do not pay the dues because it will change how we deal with answers on all the forms and at her interview.

I told her to lie to them and give them any excuse she could think of and was comfortable with, like she doesn't have the money now because she needs the money for her son's tuition or she is having to help her mom and dad by sending them money or tell them a family member is ill and she is helping them or even tell them she put her money in the stock market and lost a lot of money and she can't afford to pay it until the first of the year. Anything to hold them at bay until I can get her out of there!

I just hope this doesn't turn into a situation were we end up feeling like we're dealing with a "legalized mafia"!

Keep your fingers crossed for us please.

Best to all,

Bob

Maybe they just won't ask. :D

(Wishful thinking!)

On another note: The CCP approached my sweet fianc¨¦e Haiqing today requesting she pay her last six months of dues ... damn, no more flying under the radar! She told them she was busy and would get back to them later and sent me an email in a panic asking what she should do. I told her do not pay the dues because it will change how we deal with answers on all the forms and at her interview.

I told her to lie to them and give them any excuse she could think of and was comfortable with, like she doesn't have the money now because she needs the money for her son's tuition or she is having to help her mom and dad by sending them money or tell them a family member is ill and she is helping them or even tell them she put her money in the stock market and lost a lot of money and she can't afford to pay it until the first of the year. Anything to hold them at bay until I can get her out of there!

I just hope this doesn't turn into a situation were we end up feeling like we're dealing with a "legalized mafia"!

Best to all,

Bob

Damn. Bad timing. Hopefully nothing will happen until the interview.

My fiancee stopped paying only a couple months ago, so we're hoping that the six month time limit will pass before the interview. It is almost impossible for her to quit.

Guest WenDylan

Maybe they just won't ask. :wub:

(Wishful thinking!)

Best to all,

Bob

Lieing from to one form of government so you won't have to lie to another form of government. Ah there is so much beauty in democrazy. :P

I have heard of this, and even your "legalized mafia" term is quite spot on. Wendy tells me about it and how she knew they would crush her chances of coming to the USA in the future, that is why she didn't join. Even though she was just considering a regular immigration visa long before we met and found out about the K1 process. I think your fiance is definately smart enough to handle the situation, if anything, it shouldn't be for a long time that she need to deal with them before coming here. Perhaps she should ask them for a letter, and play it off that she is very sorry and hopes not to risk loss the party. And they will respond with a letter saying she is out of her dues, and she needs to pay or lose party membership. This could be a good form, or proof to the VO that she is separating from the party and has all intentions of being pro-American, or as much as possible.

My thoughts and prayers are with you! I think everything will be just fine! :D

Damn. Bad timing. Hopefully nothing will happen until the interview.

My fiancee stopped paying only a couple months ago, so we're hoping that the six month time limit will pass before the interview. It is almost impossible for her to quit.

Yeah I know, Damn! ... I was hoping to get another three months or so before we had to face this issue. We were able to talk about it late last night and she's going to stand strong and not pay the dues. She feels that she can simply keep pushing it off until her interview and then we'll be gone!

Lieing from to one form of government so you won't have to lie to another form of government. Ah there is so much beauty in democrazy. :blink:

I have heard of this, and even your "legalized mafia" term is quite spot on. Wendy tells me about it and how she knew they would crush her chances of coming to the USA in the future, that is why she didn't join. Even though she was just considering a regular immigration visa long before we met and found out about the K1 process. I think your fiance is definately smart enough to handle the situation, if anything, it shouldn't be for a long time that she need to deal with them before coming here. Perhaps she should ask them for a letter, and play it off that she is very sorry and hopes not to risk loss the party. And they will respond with a letter saying she is out of her dues, and she needs to pay or lose party membership. This could be a good form, or proof to the VO that she is separating from the party and has all intentions of being pro-American, or as much as possible.

My thoughts and prayers are with you! I think everything will be just fine! :rolleyes:

She is a smart lady and I'm sure she'll handle it well. Hey, that's a good idea about sending a letter and get one back from the CCP stating that she's risking loss of membership, would make great evidence. I don't know if it would work out that way or be that easy because they haven't sent a letter requesting dues payment, a guy shows up in person and asked her for it ... after all, the Mafia doesn't send collection notices, only goons!

Actually this guy is only doing his job and nothing that would arouse my anger has happened at this point. I told her that if she can hang in there until September when her personal body guard gets there, that she can tell them her future lao gong will pay and to deal with me.

You know it's kind of funny, I was lying in bed at about 4:00 am yesterday morning thinking to myself that the US government is so concerned with not allowing (without the obvious hassles) an involuntary past communist party members who's annual dues amount to approximately $75 into the US because communism is such a "bad thing" while it allows it's own US citizens to push millions and millions of dollars into China which is supporting the communist government, it's growing economy and strengthening it's world position by purchasing all their cheap products. If the US government really thinks communism is so bad they should stop the flow of US dollars into China ... think of all the jobs that would come back here and perhaps our country wouldn't be in the big mess it is in right now. But then again that wouldn't have allowed Bush to borrow $85 billion dollars from China to pay for all the economic stimulus checks he wants everyone to have and make us feel good in spite of his inadequacies. I refused mine as I wanted nothing to do with such an idiotic decision. IMHO the laws are a bit hypocritical.

I'm not angry about it though, in my usual happy manner I simply notice the irony, smile and shake my head.

I truly appreciate your wishes.

Have a terrific day!

Bob

Guest WenDylan

You raise good points. It is just an imperfect world we live in though. I watch all these Cold Case Files and how they knew who did it, but without the legal authority get a blood sample, or tissue swab, they can't do anything for years until the killer strikes again and they have fresh evidence to connect the dots. I don't think any system is perfect, but the attitudes we share are spot on I think. :rolleyes:

Hey all! I've got a fresh question.

Does anybody have a copy of the statement that they made explaining their membership? It would be nice to have an example to look at.

Hey nabeshin, how you doing?

My sweet fiancee Haiqing has a statement that she has prepared to take along to her interview which we're guessing will be about October-ish (we're still waiting for our P3 package from GUZ). When I go there in September I'm going to help her polish it a very little bit and then I'll post it as an example for others to review.

I'd be interested to see what other's have done for their Statement of Explanation also.

Have a great weekend!

Bob

Edited by bob&haiqing (see edit history)

Hi Everyone,

This area seems to be the most active regarding this issue. As you may know, I posted earlier with a similar CCP problem.

I would also be very interested in some basic form/concept of a statement to have in hand for the interview. My case is pretty similar to Bob's case. However, my fiance stopped paying in Dec. 2006. I don't think anyone has come and asked her to give past membership dues. Maybe that is because she was in college when she did that and stopped paying when she finished. I don't know.

I do like the idea of her getting a notice showing past dues required. I have asked her to formally quit but she is also worried that it may create a bad environment for the rest of her family. When she goes back to her hometown she will try it.

On a side note to Bob...Bob, we are about 2 weeks different in scheduling right? I just called the DOS and was informed that our case was mailed on July 28th. Hopefully, we will get it by the end of the week. No information though on what type of service they used. I was told to give it about 10 days and call back if we do not receive the P3.

Perhaps you are about 2 weeks later than us??

Regards

Hi Everyone,

This area seems to be the most active regarding this issue. As you may know, I posted earlier with a similar CCP problem.

I would also be very interested in some basic form/concept of a statement to have in hand for the interview. My case is pretty similar to Bob's case. However, my fiance stopped paying in Dec. 2006. I don't think anyone has come and asked her to give past membership dues. Maybe that is because she was in college when she did that and stopped paying when she finished. I don't know.

I do like the idea of her getting a notice showing past dues required. I have asked her to formally quit but she is also worried that it may create a bad environment for the rest of her family. When she goes back to her hometown she will try it.

On a side note to Bob...Bob, we are about 2 weeks different in scheduling right? I just called the DOS and was informed that our case was mailed on July 28th. Hopefully, we will get it by the end of the week. No information though on what type of service they used. I was told to give it about 10 days and call back if we do not receive the P3.

Perhaps you are about 2 weeks later than us??

Regards

Hi hello123,

You know, actually I think you and your lady are in a pretty good positions considering she stopped paying dues in December of 2006. According to the Chinese Party Constitution that I posted back a few pages, she automatically was no longer a party member after not paying her dues for six months. If she has her payment book that shows that her payments stopped it might be a good piece of evidence to show the VO if the situation comes up at her interview.

By the time her interview comes around she'll be close to that magic two year period and if the subject comes up and the VO has a heart perhaps you'll slip right through with a pink!

I'm going to post my sweet fiancee Haiqing's Statement of Explanation in September when I join her again. Basically it's an explanation relating the when, where and why she joined followed by when and why she quit by stopping dues payments. What I want her to add to it is some wording very similar to the exception statement in the US law so that it's obvious what this statement is all about. I think it will help make her point.

Thanks for the P3 info. I received your pm and replied to you there.

Have a teriffic day,

Bob

Well you just have to admire a gutsy woman.

My sweet fianc¨¦e Haiqing has been getting phone calls from a phone number she does not recognize for the last week so and she has been ignoring the calls because she suspects that they are from the CCP looking for her dues payments. When I was with her online this morning she told me that she called the CCP yesterday and told them she would not pay the dues until the end of the year! The man on the other side asked "why?" and she simply told him "because that's how I want to do it!", he replied "I guess it will be ok" and it was left at that!

This should buy us the time we need to get through the rest of the K1 visa process and get out of Dodge, China!

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!

Bob