Interview Result

Guest WenDylan

Thank you so much for everyone's caring and help here. I feel so warm.

My fiancee is free to study in his medical school with amounnt of scholarship. Hence, he need not to pay money for it. He has no loan.

And our co-sponsor is not my fiancee's family. She is a so nice Amercian lady. She see my fiancee as her own son and, she wrote a affidavit to vo explain that. On the I-134, she wrote she would try her best to help us because she loves her "son", and want he get a happiness marriage.

My fiancee's parents' tax return is not high enough because, they have house loan. So they just made I-186A, but vo did not see it.

Thank you again.

A house loan is not important to the VO. Only that the parents make a certain amount which is set by the gov't standards. If they make the standard amount then whatever loans they have are besides the fact. Support from your fiance family is so important, and if you had this to support with proof to back it up, age would not be so imperative to the VO, because family supports family. In America, you can't always rely on your friends, and the VO likely knows this. Sadly... :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is important that when the NOID (white slip) is returned to the US that it is appealed. The overturning of the NOID by the USCIS gives you a much better position as a denial will make it more difficult for a future visa interview.

If the parents had been the co-sponsor instead of a 3rd party the VO might not have taken the position they did.

You need to decide if you want to wait for the NOID to be overturned and re-interview on the K-1 or get married and file a CR-1 at a later time, I would suggest taking some time to think about the options and talking with Marc Ellis as was suggested.

As LeeFisher3 said, As soon as you can talk to Marc Ellis and try to keep the petition in GUZ. The money spent now will be small compared to the money and time spent later trying to overcome and appeal once the petition is sent back to the States. IMHO

What ever happened to the freedom of the pursuit of happiness? Isn't that what is supposed to make this country so great?

you can pursue the happiness, but is a totally different thing to actually have the happiness(in this case the form of a pink slip)....and yes, is what once made this country great, but over the past 232 years the lawmakers in washington have slowly but surely decided that they know more about how to make you happy and secure and know more about what is best for you than you do.

tell em about it tsap!

Edited by steveandrong (see edit history)

One thing to remember...those VO's get into absolutely NO TROUBLE when they hand out a white slip. They can make up their own rules on the fly. There is no oversight on the VO's for handing out white slips...and definately NO RECOURSE for you to dispute their findings. NONE!!!!

Good luck to you, young lady. You will have your happiness!! :sweating_buckets:

tsap seui

Guest Mike and Lily

My wife is about the same age, yet GUZ concluded she was capable of deciding to marry. I am beginning to think that the age, income, no. of divorces, etc. of the petitioner has more impact than the age and other factors concerning the beneficiary.

My wife is about the same age, yet GUZ concluded she was capable of deciding to marry. I am beginning to think that the age, income, no. of divorces, etc. of the petitioner has more impact than the age and other factors concerning the beneficiary.

With the exception of the divorce issue, I think this is correct.

If the USC petitioner is mature, educated, and has a solid career and stable income and IRS is not after them; coupled with a clean NCIC sheet (especially as it relates to IMBRA) then it will be an easy road.

I know many here with two previous divorces. I also know of one with three and one other member with four previous divorces and none of them had an issue in this regard; although it was discussed with the beneficiary during the interview.

I know of one other member (not active for several months now) who fits the petitioner profile above, and married a very young woman. He was not in attendance at the interview and she passed with ease.

What ever happened to the freedom of the pursuit of happiness? Isn't that what is supposed to make this country so great?

you can pursue the happiness, but is a totally different thing to actually have the happiness(in this case the form of a pink slip)....and yes, is what once made this country great, but over the past 232 years the lawmakers in washington have slowly but surely decided that they know more about how to make you happy and secure and know more about what is best for you than you do.

tell em about it tsap!

:D Steve, you speak the very sad truth about our government.

Yes, long ago I was a "Volunteer of america". I went and did my best for the american way of life and for the rights of every american.

I will, now, probably never in my lifetime be able to spell america with a capital A.

The DOS showed me LOUD and CLEAR the reality of the america I thought I knew, and risked my life for. They took me from one of the most flag waving patriotic sonsabitches around to a guy who kept lowering his flag on it's pole to the point (as we waited those 300 days on the AP blue slip) where it lay frozen in the mud and snow...until a mexican fellow who lives in an adjoining apartent to me finally went out, dug it up, and threw it in the dumpster.

It is what it is. :)

I can only say, while I have seen the light, I am not bitter or angery. I look at our denial as a gift in many many important ways.

For one, my Chinese son will get to continue on with his EXCELLENT education in the best private school in his city. His future is bright. Eight months ago one of his teachers called his mother because his grades were in the 92-96 percent. In no uncertain terms his mother was told this was NOT GOOD ENOUGH, that he could do BETTER!!!! He now does!! And he now has the two best middle schools in his city vying for him to attend THEIR school. If you don't get asked to go to those schools, the entrance fee is $20,000rmb AND you better have the grades to justify your attendance. His cost to attend...ZERO

My fiancee and I have survived the most horrible extended stress (short of losing a child) that a couple can have a government put them through..and we stand strong, with our arms wrapped tightly around each other, in our commitment and love to each other.

Uncle Scam DID NOT AND CAN NOT hurt, or influence, our bona fide relationship.

Being a maker of lemonaide..EXRAORDINAIRE...I look at the positive

side of the mud slung at us from the DOS and the american government. Heck, they gave us a blessing of a gift, and a great opportunity with their denial. I'm even, working now, on the paperwork for Uncle Scam hisowndamnself to fund my time living in China....right back at ya, Uncle!! :lol:

I'll be able to watch my son grow and graduate with a top rated education. I'll have the time to write with the freedom of not having to scratch out a living in a debt ridden country, and I will be together with my family.

Add in eating the best food on the planet everyday, with Uncle Scam footing the bill each month, and what the heck could an ol' boy in the DOS's Forced Patriot Relocation Program have to complain about???? What??? :thank_you_so_much: :yay:

Life is quite the adventurous journey. You must find your priorties and put your focus on them. True happiness can only come from within.

Reading this young Chinese woman's words I sense an intelligence and a strenght that will help she and her fiancee survive the ignorance of the american governmental official's decision, and I feel they will both prevail and happiness will be their's.

My best wishes to them both.

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

Hi Sweetcherry,

Like allot of people have said,,,,It is very important that your fiancee's family support you in the affidavit and not a third party person.

And house loans do not mean anything....it is the Gross Income of the family that is most important and that they as a family support your marriage.

What ever happens, if you love each other, you will have success.

Tom and Ling

Thank you so much for everyone's caring and help here. I feel so warm.

My fiancee is free to study in his medical school with amounnt of scholarship. Hence, he need not to pay money for it. He has no loan.

And our co-sponsor is not my fiancee's family. She is a so nice Amercian lady. She see my fiancee as her own son and, she wrote a affidavit to vo explain that. On the I-134, she wrote she would try her best to help us because she loves her "son", and want he get a happiness marriage.

My fiancee's parents' tax return is not high enough because, they have house loan. So they just made I-186A, but vo did not see it.

Thank you again.

Dear Sweetcherry,

I'm so sorry to hear about your heartbreaking experience, especially that I am a woman myself. Like all the experienced others have said, the white slip should be from the age, lack of income, and lack of family support of your fiance. The VO certainly has no right to decide whether you're ready to get married. But he does work for his country and needs to make sure that the person immigrating will not become a burden of U.S. taxpayers. Sure your fiance doesn't need to pay tution, but raising a family in the U.S. can cost a lot of money, and while you both don't have the ability to generate any income, he does take a practical stand. If his family isn't even supporting you two financially, he might also think that you are too young/naive to know how difficult life can be with you both in school, have no income at all, and have no parents to support you. Friends can only help to an extend, they can't solve all your realistic troubles...

When I was 20 years old, I thought I loved a guy and I almost married him. Now I'm 25 and I look back, I am truly glad that I didn't end up marrying that guy. In fact, I don't even think the feeling I had for him was called "love" in the more mature definition of love that I have today. Of course, I am not doubting your love, everyone has a different experience and path in love, no story is the same. But you are young, still not finished with education yet, and have not learned to support yourself in every way and build up a family. Love is a beautiful thing that time can testify it's truth. However, a successful marriage doesn't only require love, it also requires maturity, endurance, commitment, life skills, knowledge, wisdom, and a lot of other things. Your love with your finance will be proven with time, and you will gain all these necessary qualities during this time. Believe that if you are meant to be together, you will be at the end. Don't let this disappointment drag you down. The things that don't defeat you will only make you stronger, and in your case, also will make your love stronger. For example, tsap seui and his love =).

Thank you for everyone here.

I have tried to contact Marc Ellis. There is no response now.

I know we are real young in age, but I think my fiancee and I are mature in mind and we can overcome it together. :greenblob:

Thanks again, I read all your words here carefully. I will catch some advise for me.

What??? Now they are deciding if we're too young or too old to marry someone??? They shouldn't have this right, as long as we're of legal age.

I met my wife when she as 21 and we married when she just turned 22(she was 23 when she went to the interview and got shot down).

I have to think they didn't approve because of the financial support issue since there are a lot of 22 years old beneficiaries that have been approved.

I guess my only advice is...if you both really love each other, you'll still be together whether GUZ approves or disapproves the VISA so don't let them ruin your relationship.

I told my wife after we did not get approved for the Visa to think of ourself as migrate worker. I would only get to see her once a year and after I make enough money, I can go back home(if we get the white slip, the plan is for me to work 5 more years here and save every dime I can and retire early in China and go back to the USA to work when I need money).

Here's another funny tidbit I heard. I spoke with my mom this week and she was telling me how unfair Guangzhou was and she said, "they even approved an application where the petitionor was in prison for selling drug!!! how can they not issue you a visa when you work as an Officer in a big bank for the past 7 years??? Why would they even think your marriage is fake when you have so much to lose? And they issue a visa to the wife of someone that's in federal prison???"

I guess I shouldn't be suprised because the IRS is issue rebate checks to dead people.

And while I was in Guangzhou looking to rent an apartment near the Consulate, the person that was doing the leasing told us that there was a married couple that comes back every 6 months to rent an apartment and eventually was rejected for a visa even though they have a 3 years old kid together. GUZ didn't even bother to ask them to do a DNA test.

There is no fairness in the entire process so don't let them ruin your relationship.

Guest WenDylan

What??? Now they are deciding if we're too young or too old to marry someone??? They shouldn't have this right, as long as we're of legal age.

I met my wife when she as 21 and we married when she just turned 22(she was 23 when she went to the interview and got shot down).

I have to think they didn't approve because of the financial support issue since there are a lot of 22 years old beneficiaries that have been approved.

I guess my only advice is...if you both really love each other, you'll still be together whether GUZ approves or disapproves the VISA so don't let them ruin your relationship.

I told my wife after we did not get approved for the Visa to think of ourself as migrate worker. I would only get to see her once a year and after I make enough money, I can go back home(if we get the white slip, the plan is for me to work 5 more years here and save every dime I can and retire early in China and go back to the USA to work when I need money).

I know you may have answered before, but why did you get a blue slip?

How did they give you a pink slip, then a couple days later decide to give you a blue slip?

That seems like cruel and unusual punishment to me!

:ph34r:

Guest WenDylan

Here's another funny tidbit I heard. I spoke with my mom this week and she was telling me how unfair Guangzhou was and she said, "they even approved an application where the petitionor was in prison for selling drug!!! how can they not issue you a visa when you work as an Officer in a big bank for the past 7 years??? Why would they even think your marriage is fake when you have so much to lose? And they issue a visa to the wife of someone that's in federal prison???"

I guess I shouldn't be suprised because the IRS is issue rebate checks to dead people.

And while I was in Guangzhou looking to rent an apartment near the Consulate, the person that was doing the leasing told us that there was a married couple that comes back every 6 months to rent an apartment and eventually was rejected for a visa even though they have a 3 years old kid together. GUZ didn't even bother to ask them to do a DNA test.

There is no fairness in the entire process so don't let them ruin your relationship.

That's crazy! Can you find a link to that somewhere on the internet? I would like to read more on that! Maybe whatever worked for that fool will work for me too! :ph34r: j/k