Red flag list ?

I have a big question about, why we are not required to send any finance proof of the petitionor before the interview? the finance is a very important part, but the embassy requires us to take that with us until the end. Don't they want to know this beforehand? so confused:(

I applied for CR-1 visa. I submitted the financial proof, right here in the US, much before the interview. It is a surprice to me why it should be different for K-1 and/or K-3 visas.

For I129 for K1, they didn't require finance stuff.

CR-1 is handled differently because it is an immigrant visa and the case goes through 'consular adjustment' for a greencard. The K-visa holders have to adjust in the US and that's when the case is evaluated more thoroughly in regards to finances. So for K-visa holders, it's really a two step process and you have to look at both of these steps.

But remember that the petition already submitted a G-325a where they stated their employment for the last 5 years; one can get a feel for their income level based on this.

Also, it is more common to have some request done at the interview for financials than not; but even if a VO requests to see a I-134, it's not legally enforceable anyways...

Only the I-864 is legally enforceable and the CR-1 use this, as well as the Ks once they do adjustment in the US.

If your fiance let's you take her on an all-day shopping spree on your dime,brings along a "son" who tries to extort money from you, threatens to kill you, pulls a knife on you, attacks you and ends up with a broken elbow and crippled knee for his effort...she just may be a scammer. :P

If she has a sick aunt in the hospital who needs 15K for treatment and she doesn't have time to talk to you because she is always at the Aunt's bedside ...she just might be a scammer.

If your fiance let's you take her on an all-day shopping spree on your dime,brings along a "son" who tries to extort money from you, threatens to kill you, pulls a knife on you, attacks you and ends up with a broken elbow and crippled knee for his effort...she just may be a scammer. ;)

If she has a sick aunt in the hospital who needs 15K for treatment and she doesn't have time to talk to you because she is always at the Aunt's bedside ...she just might be a scammer.

If she has a brother that wants to be a taxi driver but first needs $30,000US to buy a cab.... she just might be a scammer. :sosad: Edited by Yuanyang (see edit history)