The Pictures and/or photo album

Thanks.....Dave,

The ACCO fastener sounds intriguing. Do you know what is the height of

the slot for the window is....I would imagine that it is atlest two or three inches.

I have been in The US citizen Service area....getting my Marriageability affidavit back in March but not sure what the height of the slots are.. :blink:

Tom and Ling

I just asked my wife. Like Dale said, as near as I can tell it sounds like about 2 or 3 inches. (the height of the slot that is) :D

pictures put on papers guys... this isn't a picture party to pass around albums.. keep it simple.

What if they ask for 'early' pictures? Are you going to direct them to page "xyz" of an album?? Think simple; for the VO and SO.

I agree with you David, this aint Rocket Science or is it?

We had 4 packets of photos from my 4 visits.

We went thru the packets and pulled out a few from each trip that showed us together, or with family or friends.

We eneded up with about 20 or 30 photos.

We put them all together in one of the packets the photos came in, and thats what we brought to the interview.

Nothing fancy, no album, or fancy writing on the pictures.

The VO didn't comment that we were cheap or had no artistic talent. They just looked at the pictures, and handed my wife and daughter the pink papers :rotfl:

So, don't sweat it. They really are more intrested in the content than the presentation.

The photos are important. I think they are an important component of the actual petition and then again, at interview time.

In the past year, it has been photos and financials (I-134 and tax returns) that have been central to what exhibit¡¯s the VO¡¯s have most requested and have been most interested in.

Presentation does make a difference, as it speaks to the state of mind and the effort that you as the petitioner has put into the process. Moreover, a neat, organized, easy to view, easy to understand product, has an impact on a reviewer who is overworked and has limited time.

A not too thick, flexible folder, clearly labeled ¡®Photos¡¯ on the cover, which contains several photos from each visit, separated by labeled tabs, will do the trick. Depending on one¡¯s budget, you can use ink jet paper or basic photo paper.

Moreover, whether you print neatly by hand, or use your photo shop software, it is important to include basic info on each photo--date, location, subject/names.

Everyone here has their own ideas and opinions. The newer member, who is preparing for the interview, should assess all of the comments/information provided by other members and then do what works for them.

As I mentioned in my recent interview critique, the VO took note of the ¡®presentation¡¯ of the documents, including the photo package, in his comments to my wife.

we used a plastic accordion type file for everything

it had a window on the front and back sides of the cover flap I made 3 collages

0ne on both sides the cover flap and taped one on the inside this way the VO

had to see our pictures whether he wanted to or not

I made an album from present to past. I just went to staples bought a very thin binder and those picture inserts. I had over 200 pictures from 3 visits. The VO seemed to like it although my fiancee told me they almost broke it sliding it through the window, we also had loose photos to show if that was the case but the VO just said, "we can do it, pass it through".

I created a hardback book on Blurb.com, complete with summaries and dates if each picture, which was approx. 40 or so. It also came with a nice dust jacket with an enlarged pic of us two from the wedding party. It was about 30 bucks, but the effort was fruitless since the VO did not look at it. Oh, well. It made a nice gift for mother-in-law.