Xiaoyuan, Yawen and Griz interview

The visa officer was a han-maguoren man who had given out a number of blue slips earlier in the day. After the name, rank and serial number questions, he asked the following:

* Do you speak English? (response in English: I am learning)

* How did you meet? (response: Internet, Chineseskisses)

* When did he visit you? (response: last summer, spring festival and now - she showed him my passport)

* What is his job? (response: computers and she mentioned my company's name)

He asked for the taxes & pictures.

THEN he asked Yawen, the daughter (18):

* How often do you see your father? (response: every week - which surprised the hell out of my gal)

When I asked Xiaoyuan if she was nervous she said, "No, no, no! I know you."

She had with her every email I had written, every IM transcript and her Chinese translation of them. Her speech is lagging far behind her English writing, but her vocabulary is exceptional. ;)

The entire interview lasted 3-4 minutes, but she was in the Consulate until almost 12:00...with me sweating bullets in the coffee shop downstairs. I drank 5 cups of Italian coffee and a Pepsi! ;)

PS - I forgot to mention that we got the PINK! Added by request.

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

You really never really said if her and her daughter got their Visas :P

Na, but he did update his sig file - you need those magnifying glasses, Uncle Michael ?

I did not spot Don aka HumbleStudent at the Consulate. Perhaps Brian did.

The plan is for my girls to return to Montana with me July 9th. I checked the airfare for them on my current flight through Northwest and it's $5000+ plus a $100 change fee for me. I'm looking for better prices than that; may have to dump my existing ticket and buy a 1-way back in China. :blink: