A question about spouse visa

My husband and I are working on preparing our paper work. We will file in a few days. Since we have got married in China, we have to go through spouse visa.As far as I know, if we choose k3+k4 visa, we have to file I-130 form first and then wait for getting NOA1(P1), and then file I-129F form using receipt number of NOA1(P1). Am I correct?

Thanks for answering me.

Amanda from China

My husband and I are working on preparing our paper work. We will file in a few days. Since we have got married in China, we have to go through spouse visa.As far as I know, if we choose k3+k4 visa, we have to file I-130 form first and then wait for getting NOA1(P1), and then file I-129F form using receipt number of NOA1(P1). Am I correct?

Thanks for answering me.

Amanda from China

yes, your correct. good luck with your journey.

Thanks for answering me.

Amanda from China

You will need to send a copy of the I-130 receipt letter, (I-797C), or as you call, NOA1(P1), with the I-129F, along with the other required supporting documents.

-good luck

You are correct. Don't forget that the I-129F supporting document set is similar to the supporting document set on the I-130, so be prepared to make 2 copies o stuff - 1 set for the I-130, 1 set for the I-129F.

Good Luck !

OR, You can just file 2 I-130s one for Spouse, and one for child and get (CR-1 and CR-2) visas, these visas are true immigrant visas.

CR-1/2 visas result in green-cards upon entry making you a US resident.

K-3/4 require adjustment of status in order to get green-cards, cost $1010 + $600 or $930.

K-3 cannot take a job, apply for driver's license, or apply for SSN until they have EAD or Green-card, EAD can take 90 days or more to get.

CR-1 has been taking a month or so longer to get than K-3/4

Yes, I can speak from 'personal' experience, the K-3 and K-4 Visas have worked very well for us !!! :roller:

In fact, at this very moment, after a day of us laying out by the pool, my Lao Po is cooking pork dumplings, for dinner.

Had it not been for that K-3 process, I would most likely be eating by myself, tonight.

Ahhh, life if good !!! :roller:

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)

OR, You can just file 2 I-130s one for Spouse, and one for child and get (CR-1 and CR-2) visas, these visas are true immigrant visas.

CR-1/2 visas result in green-cards upon entry making you a US resident.

K-3/4 require adjustment of status in order to get green-cards, cost $1010 + $600 or $930.

K-3 cannot take a job, apply for driver's license, or apply for SSN until they have EAD or Green-card, EAD can take 90 days or more to get.

CR-1 has been taking a month or so longer to get than K-3/4

Always you will find me supporting gpoing only I-130 process Amanda.

I-130 has less paperwork, especially for the Chinese spouse.

I-130 costs less than k3 + aos.

I-130 continues to get faster because now you can pay all you NVC fees online. (still a little slower than k3)

I-130 without online fees was only about 1 month longer than K3 process.

I-130 allows you to get work permit ss# immediately on entry (well mail takes a few weeks)

There are many advantages to the I-130, and I suggest you consider not filing K3, just stick to your I-130.

There is a good guide to the NVC phase of the I-130 on visajourney that helps you prepare your NVC paperwork ahead of time, and speed that process.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Jame%27s_Shortcut

Only downside is if your husband is very busy, the lawyers will not rush your case thru NVC, so perhaps the I-130 will take 2-3 months longer than K3.

I-130 allows you to get work permit ss# immediately on entry (well mail takes a few weeks)

A minor correction, CR-1 and CR-2 will get an I-551 stamp at the POE, this makes the passport act as a temporary green-card.

Green-card holders do not get "work permit" (EAD) the green-card IS work authorization, and the I-551 stamp in passport IS work authorization. So could actually take a job on the day they enter the USA.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

A minor correction, CR-1 and CR-2 will get an I-551 stamp at the POE, this makes the passport act as a temporary green-card.

Green-card holders do not get "work permit" (EAD) the green-card IS work authorization, and the I-551 stamp in passport IS work authorization.

So could actually take a job on the day they enter the USA.

Wow, that is really an exciting thought !!!!!

I guess we are really missing out !!??

Lao Po has been here nearly a month now, and we have been spending most of the time, together, in the bedroom.

Hi Amanda,

I will say that either way CR1 or K3/K4 are OK.

The CR1 is OK if the Chinese spouse speaks good English and immediately intends on starting a job.

The AOS route for K3/K4 may cost more money but if one figures in the cost to go CR1....I would say that the cost is not going to be overly expensive either way.

I know for a fact..That my Ling will need at least a minimum of a year before her English will be up to par to look for work.

My second wife was Russian and she spoke pretty good English and it still took her two years to land a job in accounting....unless the spouse is going to work at WalMart, to land a reasonable job, the spouse's English will count for alot.

The other factor to consider is what service center is Richard going to file at.....Cal. or Vermont??

Vermont is 4 months between I-130 and I-129. Cal. right now seems to be current.

Also..remember that this is a good place to include an EOR letter here with both the I-130 and I-129.

Tom and Ling

Hi Amanda,

The CR1 is OK if the Chinese spouse speaks good English and immediately intends on starting a job.

The AOS route for K3/K4 may cost more money but if one figures in the cost to go CR1....I would say that the cost is not going to be overly expensive either way.

I know for a fact..That my Ling will need at least a minimum of a year before her English will be up to par to look for work.

My second wife was Russian and she spoke pretty good English and it still took her two years to land a job in accounting....unless the spouse is going to work at WalMart, to land a reasonable job, the spouse's English will count for alot.

The other factor to consider is what service center is Richard going to file at.....Cal. or Vermont??

Vermont is 4 months between I-130 and I-129. Cal. right now seems to be current.

Also..remember that this is a good place to include an EOR letter here with both the I-130 and I-129.

Tom and Ling

what is EOR?

Hi Amanda,

Tom and Ling

what is EOR?

Evidence Of Relationship :threeques:

Guest Rob & Jin

Green-card holders do not get "work permit" (EAD) the green-card IS work authorization, and the I-551 stamp in passport IS work authorization.

So could actually take a job on the day they enter the USA.

Wow, that is really an exciting thought !!!!!

I guess we are really missing out !!??

Lao Po has been here nearly a month now, and we have been spending most of the time, together, in the bedroom.

very funny Rog :threeques:

personally I think spending time getting to know each others ways and for them to acclimatize to their new life and country is more important than them getting a job (but that's just me) ;)