Wife goes in for Interview on Aug 18th

It's been a very long time since I have posted here. I thought I would update the "old timers" here. :wacko:

As the topic says, my wife will go in for her interview on Monday. She is very excited about it. I on the other hand might start pulling out my hair. :blink:

I am like the grasshopper, I have always had trouble saving money. Now that I have a Chinese wife, I would hope it will get easier, it is just getting over the first hump that will be a problem. I also have to make room for her. :lol:

My wife had told me that she would want me to come out there at the end of September early October so that her and I could visit Hong Kong before she would leave with me. My wife is an optimist, whereas I am a pessimist. (it's only do to the fact that I know my luck, but don't know hers) I am concerned that she will not get her VISA right away and any money I would spend on two round trip tickets would be wasted.

Well that is about it. Just thought I would let you all know where we are in all this mess. I first applied for the VISA at the end of last July and Early August, so I guess we are more or less on time as far as the Governments time table goes. I do know that there are some out there that had a very long time to wait for their final approval. I just hope I am not one of them!

I also have to make room for her.  B)

It's getting real, isn't it? We wait so long for this day but our lives change so dramatically and so quickly.

I know I've got room for JM and her son in the house. But, there's no closet or drawer space for her. Looks like I'll have to throw all my favorite raggy t-shirts and shredded shorts out. :( After twenty years together, you kind of get attached to them.

I think you are wise to delay the flight a bit. I'm a realist and pragmatic. If you've waited this long, what's two more weeks? You'll be able to enjoy HK w/o stress.

Good luck....you'll be just fine.

:D

hi,

i know exactly how you feel our interview was just last week and it was very painless

and we where issued the visa that day :D we where very well prepaired but i will admit a litttle anxiety just before the interview. it really helped to try and accept the outcome whatever it might be and deal with it accordingly B) just try and keep positive thoughts, good luck :rolleyes: i would not recomend booking any flights untill the visa is in hand, just my 2 cent advice.

B)

just seein how the interview went, partly for my own ends sake! We have our interview on the 2nd and wanted to get the "down and dirty" from the most recent interview. Will be looking in this thread, hoping it went well for you.

g'luck and I hear ya on that space thing! Gosh, do i put the beemer outta the garage or let the jag sit? Hmmmmmm

just kiddin....hope all went well.

frank :blink:

The interview was anti-climatic. :) They more or less asked three questions:

Where I lived

How we met

How many times I came to see her

They also wanted to see a picture, and my wife supplied one to them.

I was worried a bit over the fact that they might issue her a K1 instead of a K3. But my worries were unfounded. So now it is time to get the tickets to hong kong and either send in my Passport to the travel agent or go to Chicago to take care of it myself, but I don't really want to miss a day of work since I will need all the days I can for the trip. <sigh> Oh well, if you consider Gas, Parking and food, it works out to be the same. :)

I was planning on flying out the 24th of Sept. and coming home on the 6th of October Out of O'hare. The cheapest tickets so far have been through Fly China at 664. I will keep you all posted for updates as they come.

And yes, I did not start the "Christmas story" but I put the finishing touches on it. :) Perhaps this Christmas it will be time once again for Belsnickle to come out again. :)

Phil