Where in China do you most want to go next???

We have talked about visiting Yunnan,

We have been watching an outstanding series on Yangtse TV...It is about both flora and fauna and landscape but mostly about the people...They filmed in China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand...A whole bunch of places we want to travel...In China they only chose two provinces...Yunnan and Hainan... :D

Why would that put a smile on your face Roger??? You already have seen both.

I have only scratched the surface Dan... :)

BEHIND THE MOUNTAIN IS THE NEXT MOUNTAIN... ;)

We have been watching an outstanding series on Yangtse TV...It is about both flora and fauna and landscape but mostly about the people...They filmed in China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand...A whole bunch of places we want to travel...In China they only chose two provinces...Yunnan and Hainan... ;)

I have only scratched the surface Dan... :D

Roger you do know that the earth is somewhat round don't you? Eventually you will be climbing the same mountain. Although by then you may not remember much and it will all seem new again :)

We have been watching an outstanding series on Yangtse TV...It is about both flora and fauna and landscape but mostly about the people...They filmed in China, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam and Thailand...A whole bunch of places we want to travel...In China they only chose two provinces...Yunnan and Hainan... ;)

I have only scratched the surface Dan... ;)

Roger you do know that the earth is somewhat round don't you? Eventually you will be climbing the same mountain. Although by then you may not remember much and it will all seem new again :)

Remember what??? :D

I can't decide between Xi'an and the terra cotta warriors and Lijiang and the scenery,Tiger Leaping Gorge etc. Oh, I'd like to go in 2009. :)

If at all possible try to go to Xi'an. I have been there twice, the first on business, our potential customer stopped our meeting mid afternoon to take us to the warriors. We had to work late into the night , but it was worth it. The second visit was for pleasure. In addition to the warriors , there is good museum and other sights.

It is easy to get to Xi'an from Beijing by air or rail. On the last visit we stayed at the Bell Tower hotel, right across the street from the Bell Tower and near some great restaurants, and just a short walk from the Muslim Quarter

I can't decide between Xi'an and the terra cotta warriors and Lijiang and the scenery,Tiger Leaping Gorge etc. Oh, I'd like to go in 2009. ;)

If at all possible try to go to Xi'an. I have been there twice, the first on business, our potential customer stopped our meeting mid afternoon to take us to the warriors. We had to work late into the night , but it was worth it. The second visit was for pleasure. In addition to the warriors , there is good museum and other sights.

It is easy to get to Xi'an from Beijing by air or rail. On the last visit we stayed at the Bell Tower hotel, right across the street from the Bell Tower and near some great restaurants, and just a short walk from the Muslim Quarter

Thanks Ed. Given your extensive travel history, if you say Xi'an is the place to go, that's good enough for me. :) It's funny too that last night I just got around to watching a Nat'l Geo. channel piece on Qin. It really piqued my interest in the warriors again. So Xi'an it is. And that's my final answer. :D