Gone for awhile

I will be gone from the board for awhile. My mother has been having some heart arythmia (sp?) problems so we have decided to stay close for awhile in order to offer help as needed. I am asking my college to grant me a six month deferment on my contract.

As of this week, I am working in Quality Control at a Ford tier one supplier. We are manufacturing the gas tanks for the new version of the Ford F-150. I but in 67 hours this week and we were sent home the day of the power outage because our computers are all tied into the Michigan home plant. Scheduled for 12 hour days six days a week right now. Hopefully changing to a less brutal schedule next month. Still twelve hour days but two on, two off, two on, two off, three on, two off - and repeat.

Regardless, I won't have much time for things like this and won't have a computer for awhile. (Mines in China)

Just finished a 72 hour week. They wanted us to work another 24 hours this weekend but almost had a mass work action so they decided that everyone could have the weekend off unless they wanted to volunteer to work. Nobody did. Some of those people had been working seven days a week twelve hours a day for over a month.

Next week changes to six eight hour days with expected unscheduled overtime of about twelve hours a week.

My wife was shocked at the bite that the government took out of the check.

Just finished a 72 hour week.  They wanted us to work another 24 hours this weekend but almost had a mass work action so they decided that everyone could have the weekend off unless they wanted to volunteer to work.  Nobody did.  Some of those people had been working seven days a week twelve hours a day for over a month.

Next week changes to six eight hour days with expected unscheduled overtime of about twelve hours a week.

My wife was shocked at the bite that the government took out of the check.

Owen,

Don't burn yourself out. At least you are getting OT. Salary workers don't get OT in many workplaces.