Interview for AOS

Is it true that the USCIS has dropped the interview requirement for AOS/green card or it is on a case by case basis?

As for the process/timeline for getting the AOS/green card, what's next after you've submitted all the necessary paperworks and have the fingerprinting at the local USCIS office?

Case by Case, the application gets looked at at NBC, and they either send it to Field office for an intervew, OR they send it to CSC for processing, the adjudicator there will either approve it, or send it back to NBC with instructions that an interview is needed, and it will then go to field office for interview.

Can take 3 months or longer depending on name checks.

Case by Case, the application gets looked at at NBC, and they either send it to Field office for an intervew, OR they send it to CSC for processing, the adjudicator there will either approve it, or send it back to NBC with instructions that an interview is needed, and it will then go to field office for interview.

how to determine the speed of name checks? popular names take longer since takes longer to screen?

how to determine the speed of name checks? popular names take longer since takes longer to screen?

What Dan's not telling you is that the "up" can be as much as 3 years. You'll know when the green card arrives, not sooner

It could be a "Wong" time. :roller:

It would really suck to have an interview after giving all the necessary information to USCIS...unless the adjudicator at USCIS is a real A-hole. pardon my french. I just hate it, it would seem like another sequel to Green card for us. My ping would be devestated.... :roller:

Is it true that the USCIS has dropped the interview requirement for AOS/green card or it is on a case by case basis?

As for the process/timeline for getting the AOS/green card, what's next after you've submitted all the necessary paperworks and have the fingerprinting at the local USCIS office?

It would really suck to have an interview after giving all the necessary information to USCIS...unless the adjudicator at USCIS is a real A-hole. pardon my french. I just hate it, it would seem like another sequel to Green card for us. My ping would be devestated.... :roller:

Get a grip, guy! Most people here would LOVE to have an interview, and are hoping the interviewer is NOT an a-hole. Most of us WANT the green card.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

... CSC for processing, the adjudicator there will either approve it, or send it back to NBC with instructions that an interview is needed.../quote] There is another option. The case gets sent to CSC. CSC neither approves it nor sends it back. They RFE it. This happened to people we know.

Bottom line, what Dan said- CSC approved the case after receiving the requested information. Just beware that the RFE is possible but not an end-all.

It could be a "Wong" time. :)

yea... Actually "Wong" is the Taiwanese or Hongkongnese spelling of the word "king" in Chinese. "Wang" is the mainland China spelling for the same word. I'm a Wang. =)

Actually, it's Cantonese for the same Chinese character £¨Íõ£©. Most words have different romanized representations in Cantonese than they do in pinyin. My wife's name, for example, is Jiaying in Mandarin, or Gaa-jing in Cantonese. Ni hao is Nei hou.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)