p-4 forms from the consulate

hello to all. i'm having a little trouble with my honey concerning the

p-4 papers. she is determined to use the consulate forms instead of the forms i downloaded because the consulate forms are printed front and back versus the downloaded forms are printed only on the front. i'm unable to convince her that my forms are ok to use. i will meet my honey in china 1 week before the interview and i want to bring some extra forms, printed on the front and back. i can easily do this except i'm not sure if the forms are printed head to head or head to tail. the uscis forms are printed head to tail but i don't know about the consulate forms. can anyone help me with this silly problem please?

dale,

Head to head.

I understand her concern on the forms. I knew of the P4 forms being sent were printed front and back prior to filling out our forms. When we arrived in GUZ we stayed at Mr. Yangs and when he and the hospital staff viewed our downloaded forms, they both spoke of the new forms being printed on front and back and it seemed to be a concern and a topic of discussion between them at the hospital, but they accepted what we brought and we proceeded to obtain the "Pink" with the forms we downloaded.

If I were to choose today, I would fill out the forms printed on front and back just to eliminate this one and only issue that was brought up during our process of the interview.

Clayton

dale,

Head to head.

I understand her concern on the forms. I knew of the P4 forms being sent were printed front and back prior to filling out our forms. When we arrived in GUZ we stayed at Mr. Yangs and when he and the hospital staff viewed our downloaded forms, they both spoke of the new forms being printed on front and back and it seemed to be a concern and a topic of discussion between them at the hospital, but they accepted what we brought and we proceeded to obtain the "Pink" with the forms we downloaded.

If I were to choose today, I would fill out the forms printed on front and back just to eliminate this one and only issue that was brought up during our process of the interview.

Clayton

thanks so much for your reply clayton. i wonder why uscis forms are head to tail and consulate forms are head to head. hmmmmm. no consistency with our govt. :lol:

Those hospital folks periodically get out of control. The consulate has corrected them a few times but it seems to be a continuing problem.

If they give you any flack, be firm!

This is the reason for his post. If he duplicates the forms that they sent then he won't have to deal with them hospital folks, paper size and all.

dale,

Head to head.

Clayton

who and what is "Mr.Yangs"?

dale,

Head to head.

Clayton

who and what is "Mr.Yangs"?

Mr. Yang runs a hotel in the Consulate building and he helps people with their paperwork and such.

Before this process, I thought I was a pretty sharp guy.

But all these forms and instructions have got my head spinning.

For those Spongebob fans, I feel like Patrick touching the orb of confusion (and he was not even touching it).

The P4 K1/K2 applicant letter states to bring two copies of the

DS-156 and two copies of the DS-157.

Does 2 copies = 1 copy in English + 1 copy in Chinese?

or

Does it mean

2 copies in English + 2 copies in Chinese?

OK, telegraphic code?? Where does one get this?

My fiancee's 8 yr old son will be interviewing with her.

Does a seperate DS-156, DS-156K, and GIV-24 have to filled for him?

I just came back from the ACH and had something to offer on this. I showed the VO out downloaded DS-157 form to make sure it was right. She questioned me why we did not use the forms sent by the consulate? As a result, we will have to re-fill the form tonoght. :lol:

Sometimes it is better not to inquire.

The VO's are not the 'clerks in the store' dealing with these forms; the clerks in the store handle them.

Like so many before us, we used 100% downloaded forms, and had zero issues with P-3 or P-4.

Front, back, top, bottom, as long as the damn info is there for them, and the forms are complete and signed, that is what matters. IMHO.

Edited by rogerinca (see edit history)