Interview July 2nd...visa...when?

griz326

I called the State Department today. They told me that the US Consulate has July 4th as a holiday ... and they thought that Saturday and Sunday the visa people did not work.

Hoping for pink............

When is it realistic to expect to be able to get our visas for my gal and her daughter?

What I am trying to do is to return to Nanning to see the family.

There are other posts saying that the visa will not be mailed outside of Guangdong province so we will need to return to collect the passports and visas or wait for them?

Is Monday, July 7th realistic? Or must we figure on July 8th? Or is even that unrealistic?

I intend to call the consulate...but do not know if I will get any better information from them than I can get from the experienced people here.

Edited by griz326 (see edit history)

I called the State Department today. They told me that the US Consulate has July 4th as a holiday ... and they thought that Saturday and Sunday the visa people did not work.

Hoping for pink............

When is it realistic to expect to be able to get our visas for my gal and her daughter?

What I am trying to do is to return to Nanning to see the family.

There are other posts saying that the visa will not be mailed outside of Guangdong province so we will need to return to collect the passports and visas or wait for them?

Is Monday, July 7th realistic? Or must we figure on July 8th? Or is even that unrealistic?

I intend to call the consulate...but do not know if I will get any better information from them than I can get from the experienced people here.

You pick them up at a Chinese post office, which is open on the 4th and weekends. If they follow the 2 day schedule, you should be able to pick it up on the 4th. If not, well, up to 2 weeks later.

• 2 weeks later...

ditto what randy said. also, i will add my opinion. ir your lucky, then guz will mail your visa out on july 3rd and you can pick it up at the post office on the 4th(if the post office is open) there are no visa pickups on mondays because the consulate is closed on the weekends, therefore can't mail it out before monday which you can then pick it up on tuesday. in summary, you can expect to pick it up on july 4th, or july 8th, or up to 2 weeks later if your unlucky. addressing the mailing issue, guz will not mail it outside of their province. the only way around this is for you to pay someone to pick up the visa and mail you your passport, but this could be risky imho.hope this helps.

Edited by dale7570 (see edit history)