Family Composition Sheet GIV-24

Hi all!

For the family composition sheet, do all Chinese addresses need to be written in English? (the form says "This form must be completed in English)

It is just me or is the space way too small? Does this mean that hubby would be better of just not writing anything then priting out attachments for all the pages?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Guest Rob & Jin

I should add that the addresses of the family members are in English.

Just the mailing address at the top of the first page is in Chinese.

It should be in English, we wrote it in chinese underneath the line

It should be in English, we wrote it in Chinese underneath the line

NOT "English", it is PIN-YIN which is the phonetic sound of the Chinese name.

You would not translate Shanghai 上海 to "ON SEA" would you?

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)
Guest Rob & Jin

You would not translate Shanghai ÉϺ£ to "ON SEA" would you?

Thats how the new one is different Dan , its now "English & Native language" Pinyin has been dropped.

You would not translate Shanghai ÉϺ£ to "ON SEA" would you?

Thats how the new one is different Dan , its now "English & Native language" Pinyin has been dropped.

So what should I put on the form??? Chinese charactors or just PIN YIN???

We are thinking of putting an attachment sheet. With pinyin on the top and the address in Chinese on the bottom. There is no way that the entire pinyin will fit onto that tiny line. Hubby can probably only write "Inner Mongolia" LOL.

You would not translate Shanghai 上海 to "ON SEA" would you?

So what should I put on the form??? Chinese charactors or just PIN YIN???

Pinyin, is "Native language" "Shanghai" is pinyin for 上海 and is not "English"

When they say "English" they mean Pinyin not a literal translation of what the characters mean.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Erica, don't hesitate to use a continuation sheet.

Put a header on the sheet with clear identification of your husband and which form the sheet pertains to. On the 24 just enter "see continuation sheet" in the box requiring info. On the continuation sheet head each item with the appropriate cross reference ... for example "Item 3a." ... and then enter the required info.

In my view this is much better than trying to squeeze things into inadequate space on the form.

Erica, don't hesitate to use a continuation sheet.

Put a header on the sheet with clear identification of your husband and which form the sheet pertains to. On the 24 just enter "see continuation sheet" in the box requiring info. On the continuation sheet head each item with the appropriate cross reference ... for example "Item 3a." ... and then enter the required info.

In my view this is much better than trying to squeeze things into inadequate space on the form.

Sounds great!!! I will take every advances and do it when it comes, hehehe!!!

all the best to all of us

ling

while I'm not sure I agree that Pinyin is the native language, I think pinyin is generally what they are implying.. .if one looks at an old form, they used to translate the chinese heading as "Pinyin" and now use another word...

The version I looked at says: "Romanization Name / Name in Native Language"... I don't think they want pinyin twice...

But I would agree that one should follow pinyin when it's a chinese name or address...

And I would say it's virtually impossible to mess this form up as members have done it every which way possible including chinglish.. and I don't recall anyone every having an issue with it.

The key issue is: ANY DOCUMENT can be used as the basis for a question at the interview; have it filled out consistency and correctly to other forms; The USC tends to fill out the petition paperwork and the chinese national the P3&P4 docs... Whoever does it, make sure the chinese national knows what is on those forms for the interview.

We used English and just city, province and country for address due to the limited space given.

Hi all!

For the family composition sheet, do all Chinese addresses need to be written in English? (the form says "This form must be completed in English)

It is just me or is the space way too small? Does this mean that hubby would be better of just not writing anything then priting out attachments for all the pages?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

while I'm not sure I agree that Pinyin is the native language, I think pinyin is generally what they are implying.. .if one looks at an old form, they used to translate the chinese heading as "Pinyin" and now use another word...

The version I looked at says: "Romanization Name / Name in Native Language"... I don't think they want pinyin twice...

But I would agree that one should follow pinyin when it's a chinese name or address...

And I would say it's virtually impossible to mess this form up as members have done it every which way possible including chinglish.. and I don't recall anyone every having an issue with it.

The key issue is: ANY DOCUMENT can be used as the basis for a question at the interview; have it filled out consistency and correctly to other forms; The USC tends to fill out the petition paperwork and the chinese national the P3&P4 docs... Whoever does it, make sure the chinese national knows what is on those forms for the interview.

Most English names for Chinese places are exactly the Pinyin representation of the Chinese names. Some are not, such as Inner Mongolia

Inner Mongolia (Mongolian: , Öb¨¹r mongɣul; Chinese: ÄÚÃɹÅ; pinyin: N¨¨i M¨§ngg¨³; officially romanized to Nei Mongol)