Quick question about NVC

Hello everyone,

I called NVC today to find out about my case. I filed K3, and they told me that they had already assigned a case number(GUZxxxxxxxxxx) and were on the last step before they forward it to Guangzhou. Of course the operator would not commit to a approximate time before it is actually sent. Does anyone have any idea about how much longer that will take? Any information is good and i appreciate your comments.

Thank you very much, Patrick

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of sounding like a parrot I will say again, this sounds like the quote for old system. If I'm not mistaken, NVC prepares the P3 on the new system and sends it to the beneficiary. Someone will have to confirm this, though.

There are but a few new system people whom I've seen receive their P3. It would be great to hear exactly how their stuff was processed.

I'm one of the very early new system people and have never seen a P3 and GZ doesn't know me from Jack.

At the risk of sounding like a parrot I will say again, this sounds like the quote for old system.  If I'm not mistaken, NVC prepares the P3 on the new system and sends it to the beneficiary.  Someone will have to confirm this, though.

There are but a few new system people whom I've seen receive their P3.  It would be great to hear exactly how their stuff was processed.

I'm one of the very early new system people and have never seen a P3 and GZ doesn't know me from Jack.

Hey Jack....oops, I mean Rob,

I'll tell you my experience. I'm in the new system filing a K-1. 95 days at CSC, 55 days at NVC, 90 days in the customs black hole, then the packet arrived to GZ. When I got the email from GZ confirming they had it, GZ said THEY mailed the information packet (P3) to JM. I think it would be very cumbersome for NVC to have to mail info packets to beneficiaries all over the world.

Dave

Yeah, I take that back about the NVC mailing to the beneficiary. That can't be right. But, Dave, are you sure you on the new system? Wasn't your original filing back in Dec? I think the new system started with NOA2's that are dated early March.

I guess what I'm thinking is, for new system people there shouldn't be that 90 day wait after everything goes to GZ because NVC has already done all the work (i.e., no more communications with the US necessary). I thought I'd heard some new system people who received their P3 just a couple weeks after they were acknowledged at GZ.

Anyone know?

I'm still going to hang on to this idea that you're on the old system, Dave. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the date they changed from old to new was March 17th.

When I look at your timeline and see that you were at NVC less than 60 days indicates maybe you're old system. And then more than 90 days at GZ... I know you were caught up in the customs debacle but that sounds like old system. ...But, no your honor, I have no evidence to back up this claim.

I'd love to hear from someone who knows the actual date they made the switch.

I have to say something on behalf of my lawyer when I compare our timelines. Even though we're very close to the CSC, my lawyer filed with MSC in Chicago. I see four months between Dave's NOA1 and NOA2, whereas there's only six weeks between mine. I certainly wouldn't have known to do this.

I'm still going to hang on to this idea that you're on the old system, Dave.  I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the date they changed from old to new was March 17th.

When I look at your timeline and see that you were at NVC less than 60 days indicates maybe you're old system.  And then more than 90 days at GZ...  I know you were caught up in the customs debacle but that sounds like old system.  ...But, no your honor, I have no evidence to back up this claim.

I'd love to hear from someone who knows the actual date they made the switch.

Rob,

I totally understand the confusion between new and old systems. We are sooooo close to the cut off.

According to Don's posts, he uses NOA #2 after March 6th to separate the two systems. That would put me in the new one....I trust Don to be knowledgable about his research.

The only other evidence I have that I'm in the new system is 1) a letter I got from DOS telling me about the innovative program, e.g., NVC, created to speed up security clearances; and 2) the statement made to me by NVC that my "security clearance is complete." From what I understand, this clearance was previously done at the consulate level. I don't know that NVC would use those partiular words if it weren't the case.

When's the last time you called NVC? Have you asked if you are old/new system? I'm curious what they'd say.

Good luck....got my fingers crossed for you. Aren't you leaving soon for China?

PS: When you post "I129F Approval Notice," is that the same as NOA #2?

rob....., i thought all 129's from california HAD to go to california service center.  did you file in chicage b/c 130 also involved?

I would have to ask my lawyer to find this out. This was just something she did automatically without saying why.

I'm actually considering keeping my lawyer after firing her last week over her office's inaction in my stupid little one-baby issue. She called me on Monday and apologized up and down. She took full resposibility saying it truly was inexcusible on her part. (Her mistake was that she was super busy with a ton of briefs and tried to push the issue off onto her assistant who was completely incapable of doing anything.) She said she'd refund my money no problem but would like to have the opportunity to turn things around and make something happen with my case. I told her I needed two days to think about it.

This lawyer came to me with a very high recommendation and I'm leaning toward letting her finish the job. After what we just went through I think she'll actually focus on my case and do a really good job.

When I talk to her today I'll ask her about the MCS vs CSC issue.

Rob,

I totally understand the confusion between new and old systems.  We are sooooo close to the cut off.

According to Don's posts, he uses NOA #2 after March 6th to separate the two systems.  That would put me in the new one....I trust Don to be knowledgable about his research.

The only other evidence I have that I'm in the new system is 1) a letter I got from DOS telling me about the innovative program, e.g., NVC, created to speed up security clearances; and 2) the statement made to me by NVC that my "security clearance is complete."  From what I understand, this clearance was previously done at the consulate level.  I don't know that NVC would use those partiular words if it weren't the case.

When's the last time you called NVC?  Have you asked if you are old/new system?  I'm curious what they'd say.

Good luck....got my fingers crossed for you.  Aren't you leaving soon for China?

PS: When you post "I129F Approval Notice," is that the same as NOA #2?

Dave,

I'm sure you're right. I definitely trust Don's research too.

Now I'm just amazed at now long my case has been at NVC. :angry:

My mother lives on the east coast and, being a bit of an insomniac, calls the NVC frequently, first thing in the morning, asking the status of our case. They always say, "Your case is still in security check and you will be notified when the check has been completed." I do remember one time when they acknowledged that we are on the new system which is supposed to be faster.

And, yes, I believe the I129F approval is the NOA2.

Oh, and yes, I'm leaving SF on August 28th.

I talked to Youyue and she's all anxious about the birth. They went to a new hospital yesterday and I think they finally found a good one (here in her last month). She says the baby is still head-up and she's all worried the baby will be breach. But my step-mother says the baby usually turns only a couple of week before the due date. I tell Youyue, right now, our baby thinks it's more comfortable to sit upright.

:angry:

I would have to ask my lawyer to find this out.  This was just something she did automatically without saying why.

I feel badly for you folks, especially with the special circumstances in your case (the baby). I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. Christmas cards to Robert Hansen perhaps? JUST JOKING :angry:

Could it be confusion between where you filed the petition, your CA address, and NVC? Just a thought....

There have been many chats about lawyers. Seems this one really has done nothing for you. You strike me as a competent individual and can certainly handle this paperwork on your own. I'm convinced the attorney has neither helped or hurt you. When you clear NVC and get to GZ, what more can they do? P3....P4....interview? After NVC, it's down hill if you think about it. Straight foward stuff. Just my 2 cents....... If the lawyer is willing to return money to you, take it and run!