My wife came to live with me June of last year. We filled for AoS about a month or 2 ago. A few weeks ago I got a letter saying her K-1 had been fowarded to China for processing. Last week her parents got a letter, but we don't know what it says yet, they are faxing it later.

She's here in the USA, on a K-3, already paid for AoS, got biometrics 6-20-2008.

Why would they be setting up a CR-1 interview...and is this going to be a big mess?

Do I need to just give up and take a nap in the highway? USCIS said I should have canceled the CR-1 after she came here on the K-3.

What EXACTLY should I do? We're filing for AoS. It's cheaper at this point to just continue with it. I've already paid for it, I'm dang near broke as a result...seeing as my boss' last 4 paychecks have bounced.

Do I call and cancel the K-1(cr-1), do I call and cancel the interview? What do I do and who do I call to straighten it out so I don't get bent over a barrel later?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH. I claim the CR-1 finally is getting across the pond. WHEN the P4 packet arrives at her China address, have all the work done, send it in, and get an appointment. GO IN for the CR-1 interview !!! I'll guess an interview date of Oct 11th - would be a nice trip for you two !! THINK PINK!

*sigh* that was not a K-1 interview letter her parents received.

"Approximately 12 months ago this office informed you of the necessary steps to prepare for an appointment to make a formal application for an immigrant visa. Our records show that you have, in fact, responded, or if you have not yet responded, but still wish to apply for an immigrant visa, please contact us immediately. Completion of these steps is required before you can make a formal application for an immigrant visa.

No visa can be issued unless these steps have been completed.

Section 203 (gg) of the Immigration and Naturalization Act requires this secretary of State to terminate the registration of any alien who fails to apply for an immigrant visa within one year following notification of the availability of a visa number

THIS IS YOUR NOTIFICATION THAT A VISA NUMBER IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE, FAILURE TO PURSURE YOUR VISA APPLICATION BY COMPLYING WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WILL COMMENCE PROCEEDINGS TO TERMINATE YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA REGISTRATION ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THIS LETTER.

To pursue your immigrant visa application and avoid *unsure what this word is* of your registration, you must complete the following steps within one year!

1.) complete and return form OF-230 Part-1 biographic data as s oon as possible

2.)obtain the documents applicable to your case listed in FORMS OF-167 and OF-169

3.) Sigh and return form OF-169 when you have obtained the necessary documents. DO NOT SEND THESE DOCUMENTS TO THIS OFFICE. KEEP THEM TO BE PRESENTED ON THE DAY OF YOUR FORMAL VISA APPLICATION INTERVIEW

If you have any questions or are experiencing difficulty with the above instructions, please contact us immediately.

Sincerely,

The Department of Redundancy Department......"

This is what they were sent...was going to call DoS tomorrow seeing as the weekend isn't over yet. Think of anyhting else I should do?

Some of the wording, forms, and such may not be EXACT, her father doesn't speak english, and was trying to S P E L L it out for her on the phone.