Hi All,

After a long long wait of getting our NOA2 approved, now I find myself checking the DHL status of my petition's delivery to the Guangzhou consulate daily. It actually arrived in Guangzhou on 5/11, and here it is 6/9, and DHL's status still shows "Clearance Delay" (meaning that the consulate has not yet accepted the documents). DHL indicated that the weight had a factor (my petition came in a 53 pound box of other petitions and documents from the US State Dept). It's almost a month now.

I've tried to call 3 different phone numbers listed for the consulate, as well as using the web form, but it seems impossible to talk to a live person on the phone, and web form inquiries have gone unanswered. Is there a magic number or code that I need?

I was just wondering if others had experienced wait periods this long. How long did it take between NVC sending your petition and the consulate actually receiving and processing the delivery?

Thanks!

PS: Here's a terrific slideshow on the heroes of Sichuan.
http://excaliburworld.com/hero.pps.zip

NVC sent mine file out on 05/20/08 but as of today, DHL still says clearance delay too. I am a section 64. What about you? From another website, I know some section 59 people just got their P3 last week, so I guess I still have some waiting to do.

I'm section 62. Waiting is the primary ingredient of this process, isn't it?

DHL cleareance delay - uh - it ain't what it really says it is.

It's the only 'status' that DHL will use, though.

It's not stuck in China Customs, its not waiting clearance.

IT IS however stored in a bonded warehouse, waiting to be picked up by USA employees / couriers . It will wait there until the next round of 'lets pick up some more shipments' comes about at GUZ.

If you'll go to the google at google.com (Use the Internets, just like ol George W does, ya?) -

and then enter: site:candleforlove.com DHL clearance delays

You'll find all the scoop about it !

MAYBE it's even in the EZ-FAQ as well (mind is muddled, can't recall exactly).

Hang in there - it could take from 2 weeks to 12 weeks to get logged into the GUZ computer from the first date/time stamp of 'Customs Clearance Delay' - there's nothing you can do to speed along 'that' process.

IT IS however stored in a bonded warehouse, waiting to be picked up by USA employees / couriers . It will wait there until the next round of 'lets pick up some more shipments' comes about at GUZ.

If you'll go to the google at google.com (Use the Internets, just like ol George W does, ya?) -

Hang in there - it could take from 2 weeks to 12 weeks to get logged into the GUZ computer from the first date/time stamp of 'Customs Clearance Delay' - there's nothing you can do to speed along 'that' process.

Ah yes,I was on cloud nine last week having recieved my NOA2 approval after 8 1/2 months of waiting...waiting ...waiting...waiting, and now i read this...."delays?"

ah yes,time for reality to sink in again,for the remainder of my journey....more waiting....waiting....waiting....waiting....

jimi

Thanks for the information. I suspected the clearance delay status was "stock" text, but wanted to get an idea of times. I guess, also, when I get into this wait pattern, I like to make more posts so that I don't feel alone in this. :)

I definitely did not make the 2 weeks end of the wait times, but I hope it doesn't go 12 weeks. :huh: But as you say, there's nothing I can do.

Guest Rob & Jin

look at the timelines on the spreadsheet (page 1-2 circling Guz) it will give you an insight into wait times.

good luck :huh:

That spreadsheet has NVC in, NVC out, and then skips to P3. It does not include a column (as far as I could see) for Consulate in.

Historically P-3 out date is the date they receive/ open your file, status per DOS will change from "pending" to "open" and P-3 is generated.

I guess, also, when I get into this wait pattern, I like to make more posts so that I don't feel alone in this. :)

It felt like a big step to get the P-3 and then I relaxed a little, so I understand. For me, I just wanted to know it was at GUZ. :huh: :)

I also realized after being in CFL for a while, we are just in a series of steps through a process and the wait will continue for years.... so I might as well enjoy the journey with the woman I love ;)

Good luck, Bill !

David

this is an approximate

expect your P-3 around 2 months from NVC out

expect P-4 from return of P-3 return 3 to 8 weeks

don't worry about DHL....it won't change

Start calling DOS around 6 weeks from leaving NVC to check P-3 status

Good Luck