How long does the DS-230 (part I and II) usually take? Our attorney is saying 6 months. However, I've heard different times depending on who I ask?

I'm assuming you are I-130.

I filed my DS-230(Part 1) online last week. Hopefully it will be finished next week along with the AOS and then forwarded onto Guanzhou within a 1-2 weeks.

The DS-230(Part 2) is taken to the interview by the applicant(your wife).

.... so to answer your question, maybe about 2 months.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

How long does the DS-230 (part I and II) usually take? Our attorney is saying 6 months. However, I've heard different times depending on who I ask?

I filed my DS-230(Part 1) online last week. Hopefully it will be finished next week along with the AOS and then forwarded onto Guanzhou within a 1-2 weeks.

Yes, We've filed and I-130, I-864 and I-824. She just filed the dS-230 part I I believe last week. Is there a receipt number? Your saying 2 months or so?

Yes, We've filed and I-130, I-864 and I-824. She just filed the dS-230 part I I believe last week. Is there a receipt number? Your saying 2 months or so?

Did you send it to your attorney? IF so, I would think he didnt send part II of DS-230... because that is take with your wife to the interview. Only part I is sent in to NVC.

If you mailed in the forms... you should be finished in 2-4 weeks. I wasn't sure if you had just started with NVC. I would call NVC in about 2 weeks with your NVC # or CIS # and talk to an operator.

Did you send it to your attorney? IF so, I would think he didnt send part II of DS-230... because that is take with your wife to the interview. Only part I is sent in to NVC.

If you mailed in the forms... you should be finished in 2-4 weeks. I wasn't sure if you had just started with NVC. I would call NVC in about 2 weeks with your NVC # or CIS # and talk to an operator.

We actually sent it to our attorney. He in turn sent it to the department of state. My wife situation is very different as she is doing a "touch and go" since she was illegal in the United States and had to leave and come back. That is one of the reasons why we had to do the I-824.

We actually sent it to our attorney. He in turn sent it to the department of state. My wife situation is very different as she is doing a "touch and go" since she was illegal in the United States and had to leave and come back. That is one of the reasons why we had to do the I-824.

Sounds like you are in good hands. Good luck