Receipt number of I-751

Hi guys,

I submitted my I-751 last week, an extended letter received yesterday shows the receipt number for I-751(start with 'WAC').So I went to the USCIS website to check the case status, it shows my receipt number is not valid, not in their system. Is this normal? happened to anyone else before?

Yes, it's normal and they will send the biometrics letter with another number different from the NOA that you received. Input that number and you will see your status. It won't really tell you much except that they received it and it's being process. They will contact you if they need anything else, etc.

At that point it's another waiting period until they get to processing your application. You can look at everyone's timeline for this waiting period. You can go back to the USCIS site to see which applications they're processing at your center that they received from last year 2007. Good luck!

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)

This is perfectly normal. The last paragraph of your I-797 for I-751 states,

Upon Receipt of yoru ASC appointment notice, you can find the status of your case on-line at WWW.USCIS.GOV. To view the status of your case, enter the application number found at the top of the ASC appointment notice. NOTE: The I-751 form type will be listed as "CRI89" under the applicatoin type in our system in our case status on-line tool.

So they don't even attempt to enter in into the system until they send you the ASC appointment notice. Also as amerchin states, the number will be different. I think this is because they chage form type from I751 to CRI89. You can only track the second number. The first never shows up in the on-line tracking system.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

This is normal, it can take weeks after USCIS issues the letter, for them to update the online status system of the new case number.