Would USC, GZ pay attetion to ex-spouse's letter?

I have a friend that got denied the same time we did and he just got word from the USCIS that they let the case expire. So now this poor fella and gal been waitin all this time and for what? For the gummit to says we're tired now and we don't want to do any more.

To be clear here - this was done after the case was returned to the US. No court hearing, no (prior) notification, no nothing. They simply noticed all of a sudden that the expiration date had expired.

Right?

The case was returned to the USCIS and after a few months my friend got correspondence from his Senator saying that the USCIS has let the case expire and they will no longer take any further action. I did tell my friend to try the FOIA as he might get access to the records seeing as the case is closed and it is back on US soil.

As far as them simply noticing, who knows.

I have a friend that got denied the same time we did and he just got word from the USCIS that they let the case expire. So now this poor fella and gal been waitin all this time and for what? For the gummit to says we're tired now and we don't want to do any more.

To be clear here - this was done after the case was returned to the US. No court hearing, no (prior) notification, no nothing. They simply noticed all of a sudden that the expiration date had expired.

Right?

Randy, do you know this member, or is he out of the picture?

In in this situation, could he have reapplied, starting from I-130 and I-129, etc., without any prejudice from the previous application?

Ken88

Right?

In in this situation, could he have reapplied, starting from I-130 and I-129, etc., without any prejudice from the previous application?

Ken88

Ken, this guy is not a member but a friend of mine. No one can say the denial would or would not play a role in a future application as no one knows why he was denied, not even himself.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)

Right?

Ken88

Ken, this guy is not a member but a friend of mine. No one can say the denial would or would not play a role in a future application as no one knows why he was denied, not even himself.

Thanks Chilton. Do you know how your friend is handling the situation? Did he move to China? Did he reapply? Or they broke up, courtesy of Uncle Sam?

Ken88

Right?

Ken88

Thanks Chilton. Do you know how your friend is handling the situation? Did he move to China? Did he reapply? Or they broke up, courtesy of Uncle Sam?

Ken88

At this moment he is pondering on what to do. There are a lot of things to think through in his particular circumstance.

In my circumstance after a K1 denial, I decided to get married and go for a CR1 of course with the help of a very competent attorney. If we get the visa then great!! If we get denied again then great. I am totally prepared either way. But I can certainly tell ya one thing, if we get a blue AP then I will cancel the petition and join (as cuzin' Tsap calls it) Uncle Scam's forced relocation program! 4 years of waiting, and I ain't waiting any longer. I will be ready for whatever comes and do it with a smile on my face. B)

And that was the point that I was trying to make. After "you" get hosed by GUZ, what is the problem with telling you where you screwed up? At least I got a copy of the letter GUZ sent to USCIS. Now I see that folks aren't even getting that! Tell us what the problem is so we can submit overcome evidence.

And that was the point that I was trying to make. After "you" get hosed by GUZ, what is the problem with telling you where you screwed up? At least I got a copy of the letter GUZ sent to USCIS. Now I see that folks aren't even getting that! Tell us what the problem is so we can submit overcome evidence.

GUZ has discovered that any "evidence" can be refuted. They are sending the case back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. If they simply make the claim "Not a bonafide relationship" - that is a claim that the VO can make and stand behind. No one can challenge that claim since it was determined by his own observation.

GUZ is not interested in a debate - they are done with their work.

Hopefully, someone can use a FOIA claim to see the contents of their file.

GUZ has discovered that any "evidence" can be refuted. They are sending the case back to USCIS for review and possible revocation. If they simply make the claim "Not a bonafide relationship" - that is a claim that the VO can make and stand behind. No one can challenge that claim since it was determined by his own observation.

GUZ is not interested in a debate - they are done with their work.

Hopefully, someone can use a FOIA claim to see the contents of their file.

You can bet that if the USCIS lets my case expire then I will try the FOIA.