Questions While Waiting...

I filed my I-129F in February.

Got my NOA1 in March.

And nothing since....

I can log in and see that my case is still pending.

But is there a number I can call? Any way to check up, or speed along the process?

And my other question is: What should I be doing to prepare for the next phase? What happens next? (Asusming I get approved...)

Thanks!

Also,

My fiancee just finished her last year in college..

She graduates next month, and then her address will change as she will be leaving the dorms!!

What should I do?!?

Mail service 'at the dorms' is better than most other domiciles in China. I'd suggest you have yer lass get in good with the worker who handles the mail distribution there, and have the worker call yer lass when the paperwork comes in.. THEN - as she returns her P3 paperwork via EMS, handle the address change THEN with that P3 paperwork.

Also,

My fiancee just finished her last year in college..

She graduates next month, and then her address will change as she will be leaving the dorms!!

What should I do?!?

Mail service 'at the dorms' is better than most other domiciles in China. I'd suggest you have yer lass get in good with the worker who handles the mail distribution there, and have the worker call yer lass when the paperwork comes in.. THEN - as she returns her P3 paperwork via EMS, handle the address change THEN with that P3 paperwork.

Actually... recently she has been having trouble getting my mail at the dorm....

So I was hoping I could get that change of address in... or at least have it ready....

Hi TaijiMonkey,

I am in the same boat with the change of address. My wife wants to move from Yulin City to Nanning and I have given her the OK. Since I am fully supporting her and she has quit her job as a nurse...I didn't see any reason to stay in Yulin City because her parents, brothers ,and sister live in Nanning....... :D

I was advised by other CFL's to send in a change of address to all the different Agencies when I know where she is going to live in Nanning.

See http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31170

And that is what i am going to do...Basically, put a change of address with new address and old address , but also give the number that they have given our petition.

From what I have read the NVC give a different number on the petition when it is sent to Guangzhou...so be prepared to give this number.

I don't know at what agency my petition will be at when my wife gets her permanent address in Nanning, but since I will be going there in September than I can always give it to the US Embassy in Guangzhou since we have to go for another reason too.

Some people might be interested in why my wife and I have to go to the US Embassy in Guanghou in the first place.

I wanted to withdraw some money from my 403b account and I was going to withdraw some money...when Fidelity said "wait a minute bud" you are married so you have to get your wife to sign a release form before you can withdraw any money....So I have to go all the way to China to get wife approval....beats all, but I was going anyways..so it is working out...... :) :D

And Fidelity says they won't accept a Chinese Notary...Has to be a consular notary.... :( :D

Tom and Ling

patients, the next take a little bit of time, also do sent USCIS a change of address for her.

How do I get them a change of address?

And should I start preparing for the next step? (And what do I DO to prepare for the next step?)