Small Business License

In general the answer is yes, but 'how to' varies by locale.

Once she has it, she'll be working 'for herself', so any further 'work' she does

for 'clients' will be totally different than 'w-2' work - i suggest you get the NOLO / CICac ebook and give to her - it has all the legal forms she needs for business to business engagements.

She not officially married yet, right? she's got to the 25th to get something done, right ?

Does she have a SSN ? if so, then you can (in most locales)

go to the county courthouse, get a /d/b/a , and be done with it.

with a ssn and a /d/b/a, she can go to any bank, get business bank account.

'business license' definition varies by locale, I am stumped, you not list yours, so go to the county courthouse, have her at least get the /d/b/a , then go to the bank, get a business bank account.

thats ALL she needs to get the minimum type of 'business license' - but things vary by locale.

What city/state are you in ?

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

In general the answer is yes, but 'how to' varies by locale.

Once she has it, she'll be working 'for herself', so any further 'work' she does

for 'clients' will be totally different than 'w-2' work - i suggest you get the NOLO / CICac ebook and give to her - it has all the legal forms she needs for business to business engagements.

She not officially married yet, right? she's got to the 25th to get something done, right ?

Does she have a SSN ? if so, then you can (in most locales)

go to the county courthouse, get a /d/b/a , and be done with it.

with a ssn and a /d/b/a, she can go to any bank, get business bank account.

'business license' definition varies by locale, I am stumped, you not list yours, so go to the county courthouse, have her at least get the /d/b/a , then go to the bank, get a business bank account.

thats ALL she needs to get the minimum type of 'business license' - but things vary by locale.

What city/state are you in ?

We are in Louisiana. So I will go to the "Parrish" Courthouse tomorrow.

She already has a SSN.

Thanks!

Our wedding night will be the same as every other night! :o :o

:D

Go to the courthouse before lunch - it's the long weekend - who knows? they may close early.

Good Luck.

If you need any SB advice for her, PM me with a contact phone number and best time to call.