always something

I just returned from China and immediately went to go collect my mail from the post office. As I was going through it my heart leaped when I saw an INS letter expecting finally her AOS interview date had arrived. ChunYan is still in China so I decided to do the honors and open it so I could have some amazing news for the evening¡¯s telephone conversation.

I quickly scanned the letter and my joys soon turned to aggravation.

For those of you guys who are not familiar with our case upon being transferred to California the paperwork somehow ended up in Minnesota and they lost her ¡°A number.¡± Making several appointments to correct it at infopasss we thought they had fixed the issues. Well it seems she now has to do another biometrics, which was originally completed back in 2006. She now has a second ¡°A number¡±

The worst thing about this is her appointment was Monday for the biometrics so I guess I¡¯ll just wait till next week when she gets back to the states to pursue anything.

I¡¯m not sure if I should call or not or if that will even do any good being I¡¯m not her.

Edited by izus (see edit history)

Always something, I'm sure glad "they" hired by staff to help with the backlog created by the filing fee increase. Hope that by the time you get this worked out you at least get the 10 year card!

for sure we will...

i guess thats the bright side.

has anyone heard of having to file biometrics twice?

ive heard on wowpictures that has happened but i dont remember exactly what happened

Always something, I'm sure glad "they" hired by staff to help with the backlog created by the filing fee increase. Hope that by the time you get this worked out you at least get the 10 year card!

for sure we will...

ive heard on wowpictures that has happened but i dont remember exactly what happened

Yes - if your last one is more than one year old, it's out of date and must be re-done. Also, every year for EAD.

for sure we will...

Yes - if your last one is more than one year old, it's out of date and must be re-done. Also, every year for EAD.

ahhh

so if she did her finger prints more then 1 year ago its out of date.

so at least the case is moving, do you think we will have an issue of her not be hear at the moment?

i guess we should make an infopass as soon as she gets here to reshedule.

or do you think calling would be better....

• 2 weeks later...

little update

we made our infopass appointment this morning and found out a nice chunk of information.

it seems that the reason behind us having 2 A numbers is simply a typo. i didnt notice because the 2 numbers are so close. instead of typing 006 that guy typed 060 in the middle of the number.

today that officer at the infopass center was the first guy to actually seem to be concerned about the mess my girls paperwork is in. he explained to us that her number is being used by 2 other people as well.

a brazilian girl

a puerto rican adopted baby

and my wife

all 3 have the same A number.

when we were transfered to california back in september of 06 whoever did that paperwork didnt take the time to check his numbers he was typing before he hit enter. the paperwork was seperated. meanwhile the original paperwork went to missouri NBC the officer said her name check was approved almost a year ago. the officer said he has never seen such a mess and promised us that we would be hearing from him within the next 2 weeks. he said he needs to make some phone calls and combine the 2 cases somehow. he said what his plan was and the worst possible case would be 1 month before we'd be hearing from an interview date.

so we are approaching our second anniversary the end of the month so everything seems to be falling into place.

gotta stay possitive!!

for sure we will...

we found out the hard way with her EAD.

dont let that thing expire.

this is basically her only picture ID, because her drivers license expires with her EAD. we ended up getting lucky with some nice person at the FDL allowing her to get a renewal of her DL with only showing the application of the EAD.

B)