Awoke this morning to find this notice from USCIS:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO

ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On May 19, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Although this brings us both much happiness, could someone explain what I have highlighted in bold?

Thanks,

Clayton & Wen Li

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)

ADJUST STATUS

On May 19, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice.

Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Although this brings us both much happiness, could someone explain what I have highlighted in bold?

Thanks,

Clayton & Wen Li

ADIT is biometrics. You're done. Congrats!

Frickin English language - I swear to god and all the ships at sea.

ok....

Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

TING - you gots a time tick today, and 60 days later, this time tick ends.

this registration refers to your I485 approval, so they use application to register... to mean that registration. imo, it's a rephrase, means the same thing.

if you haven't had biometrics (ADIT) then this time tick actually STARTS the day you complete fingerprinting (add 60 days to that future date).

if you completed fingerprinting prior to the 19th of May, then the time tick on the time span of 60 days STARTS on the date of this electronic notice. Some people might say it starts on the 'received date' of the letter that's gonna follow soon, is auto-generated once this electronic notice is sent to you.

So the Green Card will be received by yer lass within60 days from the 19th o May. At least thats the way I am reading it, as you've already gotten yer biometrics out of the way 2 months ago.

ADJUST STATUS

Thanks,

Clayton & Wen Li

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

Thanks everyone!!!

Much relief knowing that there is nothing to do now but.....WAIT!!!

Glad to learn that the wording of the letter means nothing since our biometrics was completed some time back. Thanks for the explanation on that Randy.

Mike and Lily...Yes, it is nice to get it done without an interview. Wish you had the same luck, but the outcome was the same! Congrats to you both also.

Dave...I can only hope we share the same timeline as you for receiving the actual GC. Barely a week after you got your letter and you received the coveted GC.

Don...Thanks so much! I can relax now for the next 1 year and 9 months before the next hurdle.

Darnell...Lol! Thanks for the deciphering.

Gino...Glad to see you here and making progress in your quest also. I hope that you do not find any more delays and you are not far behind us!

Clayton

OUTSTANDING.....OUR GOOD FRIENDS WEN LI & CLAYTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sweet Fang and I are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you both. You two have worked so hard and are a wonderful example to us all that patience, perseverence, love, care (and yours and mine "anal" characteristics) have finally paid off!!!!!!!

My sweet Fang and I both send you a much deserved Congratulations and look forward to hearing about Wen Li's "card in hand" in your next post!!!!

Fang & Michael

Congrats Clayton !!!! :D

It seems like a long time since we met up at ACH at GUZ last September !! :lol:

I remember you were quite anxious about your interview the next day; and now you are racing past the finish line !! ;) :P

Little did I know, at that time, that the process was going to drag out so long; I was hoping for a January/February interview date !! :toot: :yay:

Best wishes to you !!!

Thanks Michael and Roger!

Good to hear from you both.

Michael...Lol, I am sure you heard the news from Fang before you read it here on CFL. We are both very happy and yes, even more so once we actually receive the notice and GC in the mail. Once it arrives we are to get her state ID updated to her now new name and also the SS card without the restriction notice stamped on it. Goes to show you that at least some of the apps sent onto CSC are approved without an interview. I feel you will soon find the same results. Take care, the both of you!

Roger...Congrats will soon be in order for you too! It has been a long wait for you. I know you are soon to travel, once again, to GUZ. I am so jealous. You know as well as I do that you have that visa in the bag already. Just a formality at this point. Wishing you safe travels there and back. I will be watching for your posts.

Clayton

Clayton,

Congrats! btw, we got Aiwen's EAD card in the mail today...woo hoo.....

our 485 transferred to CA service center for "faster processing" 2 weeks ago, so we hope to get our GC soon.....

Steve

ILS and Steve...Thanks so much!

ILS...Yes, nice and smooth, but don't think I didn't sweat every minute of this process!!! We wish all the same smooth process to you and all the others who seek what we now share. Our marriage grows stronger each day and I am thankful for that!

Steve...Woo hoo on the EAD! One step at a time. I've been along side you since the beginning and not sure how at some point we have passed ahead of you, but CSC has done us well and happy to learn that your paper now rests in the same office. Hoping you are not far behind. As I have in the past, I will watch for your posts and updated timeline. Best wishes to you and Aiwen. Nanning Rules!!!

Clayton

Edited by clayton2103 (see edit history)