I-751 fees

I file the I-751 for my wife tomorrow. As I recall, there is no problem sending a personal check as long as it is drawn on a U.S. Bank. The instructions do not say otherwise. Just want to make sure this is right so that I do not have to resubmit it.

Thanks

No Problem at all. It's even better if it's a joint checking account that has both you and your wife's name on it. More proof of joint ownership. That's what we did. If your bank has an online banking website you can start checking that site starting in two weeks after sending in the application to see if its been cashed. Then print the check front and back for future proof of payment if your bank provides that online service. The back of the cashed check should have a case number written that USCIS assign to your application. I couldn't read what they wrote on my check but other members here was able to read theirs. Good luck!

Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or money order for the Form I-751 and the biometric service fee:

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S.Department of Homeland Security

NOTE: Please spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

Edited by amerchin (see edit history)

I file the I-751 for my wife tomorrow. As I recall, there is no problem sending a personal check as long as it is drawn on a U.S. Bank. The instructions do not say otherwise. Just want to make sure this is right so that I do not have to resubmit it.

Thanks

Check is fine just be sure to read the instructions on how to make it out--no abbreviations. Also, be sure to include biometrics fee.