Results In - AOS Interview

After a long and hectic wait, after many twists and turns, my wife passed her green card interview today. She is very happy right now and so am I.

A quick recap: some of you may remember that the first scheduled interview was over before it got started. The IO said that our translator did not speak good enough English (at least for him). He said, "this interview is over and I will reschedule it within two weeks." Well, three months later and a little help from my Congressman, Jerry Lewis, it got rescheduled for today.

We got a different translator who speaks perfect English and, as luck would have it, we didn't get the same IO. This time we got a lady who was very "by the book" and thorough. I knew we would not get through without another curve ball thrown at us. She would not accept any copies of birth records, or divorce records from either of us. I had to return home and dig up the originals. She did allow me to bring them back the same day. It was a few gallons of gas and another $6 parking. But, a long story short, she accepted the documents and the green card will be mailed out in a couple weeks.

A word of advice to those who are waiting: Bring "original" documents and let them make copies. Also, we were asked for pictures of the wedding. If you want to know some of the questions asked, I can post those later. :angry:

Edited by RLS (see edit history)

Woo Hoo ! Congratulations !! I'd invite that first IO out to a lunch meal, see if he accepts... But then I'm an ironic kinda fella.

Guest Mike and Lily

Congratulations! :ph34r: After having the USCIS in your lives for so long, won't your lives feel empty for the next 21 months without them? :)

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Yes, not having to deal with USCIS for a couple years is a good thing. They did get another $12 bucks out of me for parking. That should make them happy. :unsure:

Copies were fine at out AOS interview but like a good little CFL trooper I took the kitchen sink. Personally I think they looked at your earlier troubles and decided to give the knife one more painful twist before they pulled it out. Now you have some time to heal before you have to run the last gauntlet. Congratulations Ron and Ivy.

Way to go guys. You were one of the gang of guys ahead of me in the process that I followed Ron. It pleases me to see this part of the bullshit come to an end for you and Ivy.

While, I've forgotten what AOS means and will probably never need to understand what it is....I am, honestly, very happy that you made it through whatever it is. :unsure:

tsap seui