Okay finally got the ACTUAL story... :lol: Not the one I was being fed by the lady in question about a realtionship question only, like so many other things in life it did come down to $$$$$ :(

I am now invited to be a COSPONSOR... :(

I got the GREEN slip amd am told to forward a complete set of 2004-2007 federal income tax returns including W-2s, 1099s, all schedules, etc, etc...

AND since the petitioner does not meet the requirements of Sec. 213A...The cosponsor must supply an original, signed and notarized affidavit of support I-134... :(

AND a statement, written by your cosponsor (hereinafter refered to as THE MORON), explaining why he/she is willing to agree to (be hung at dawn) sign your affidavit of support form...

AND list ALL sponsored persons... :sosad:

And I do not know this guy from Adam and I really must wonder how a person who is sooooo filthy rich does somehow NOT qualify under Sec. 213A... :hump:

So would all you gentle readers out there happily sign your financial well-being away to help a lady in distress or would you tell her..."You're really better off in China than America..." :(

OK - so it is financial. If he can't prove up his last years tax return, then I suggest you don't get involved.

Good Luck!

ps - Since the guy is so rich, he can sell his house for cash, and then claim the cash as an asset, he should easily be able to show the deposit slip to his lass. If he's living in a single-wide, though, the acreage is prolly worth more than the house.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being a co-sponsor on I-134 is not legally binding B)

Golly Rob everybody else seems to think it is... :huh: Are you sure??? :(

Roggie, that I-134 is squat...legally. Hell, Roger, the DOS bastards don't even ASK TO LOOK AT the foolish piece of paper in lots of cases...but they WILL stick it up some peoples asses when they see they can use it to deny someone, or demand a co-sponsor. It's bullshit Roger...legally.

Okay, lets take a jolly journey down the road a piece.

You sign the I-134, the lil' lady lucks out and gets the simple 2 or 3 question interview with the visa attached. She goes to Uncle Scams promised land and everybody is happy. Roggie is a hero. The lil' lady and her hubby see Roggie and they :sosad: :hump: :lol: :( everytime they think of you.

Now, it's time for AOS....has the happy hubby gotten a job or changed his financial status? ;)

If yes, then ol' Roggie is still a hero. :D

If no....OH-HO-HO-HO-HO.... my man...are YOU gonna sign an I-864?

I mean, YOU signed an I-134....now we need you to sign the I-864..PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

Are YOU, and better yet, YOUR WIFE :) ready for another woman in YOUR lives..should Mr. Moneybags not really have the loot, or have a change of heart? :D You may be setting yerself up to split up all those houses yer buying in China...and YOU probably may not be one of the recipients (sp?) when the checks are handed out at the closing table!! :( Know wudda mean?

If you should get a woodie thinking about 2 women in your home, and all the blood rushes out of your head, and you suddenly find yerself signing a I-134, then, for Budda's sake, tell everyone UPFRONT that you AIN'T signing no I-864.

tsap seui

MY WIFE says don't sign nuthin'... :angry: She thinks, just like me, that we've been flim-flammed on this thingie by first being told it would be a simple letter about the REALNESS of their relationship and then morphing into this...every scrap of financial info we can find on you... ;)

Evidently the guy thought he could play games with the USCIS and not be upfront about HIS financial situation and he STILL refuses to do it...and then I'm supposed to ride in on my white goat and save the day for him...and as for their... :( :( I don't need it... :D

MY WIFE says don't sign nuthin'... :( She thinks, just like me, that we've been flim-flammed on this thingie by first being told it would be a simple letter about the REALNESS of their relationship and then morphing into this...every scrap of financial info we can find on you... :lol:

Evidently the guy thought he could play games with the USCIS and not be upfront about HIS financial situation and he STILL refuses to do it...and then I'm supposed to ride in on my white goat and save the day for him...and as for their... :sosad: :hump: I don't need it... :(

I've been reading this whole thing and I agree with most others and your wife. Good idea not to do anything. I feel for the guy if he really doesn't have the money, and if he really loves his SO, but I think you are really making the right choice. Let him find another sucker :(

Roggie, I hope I can one day shake that picture of you ridin' a white goat...I know what you were tryin' to say, but, I picture you ridin' a white sheep, if'n yore gonna ride anything, as goats are the ones what does the ridin'......sheepes is the ones what gets ridden.

Don't signz zee papers!! Let Capt'n Money Bags move to China if'n he can't provide the tax returns.

tsap seui

Roggie, I hope I can one day shake that picture of you ridin' a white goat...I know what you were tryin' to say, but, I picture you ridin' a white sheep, if'n yore gonna ride anything, as goats are the ones what does the ridin'......sheepes is the ones what gets ridden.

Don't signz zee papers!! Let Capt'n Money Bags move to China if'n he can't provide the tax returns.

tsap seui

The Cap'n says he can do that in 2 years...Sounds like a good plan to me... :sosad:

Bottom line if he is as rich as he says he is then he has assets even if he shows a loss on tax returns.

I have no idea what his actual situation is Carl but I do know he is no poor guy...So it was his job to see that his fiancee had all the right stuff to satisfy the VO...I mean they were turned down 3 times and he still refuses to see the light or he simply cannot see it because of certain "irregularities" in his financial picture...either way I do not feel comfortable getting involved this deeply... :D

Wow - he was turned down 3 times?

or - specifically - his lass was given a blue slip 3 times?

na - if he ain't gonna 'make a financial case' for having her here, she shouldn't be here.

na - if he ain't gonna 'make a financial case' for having her here, she shouldn't be here.

Many people with 6 and 7 figure incomes pay no taxes. A profit/loss, income/outgo statement, along with a bank statement can be used to show the true picture (without having to invoke the 'Roger' connection)

Many people with 6 and 7 figure incomes pay no taxes. A profit/loss, income/outgo statement, along with a bank statement can be used to show the true picture (without having to invoke the 'Roger' connection)

Yup, agreed. He can also afford to pay the cpa to prepare the statements and then have them audited, and also notarized.

He could also afford the attorney to tell him to do 'this' - but I sense, after 3 blue slips for his lass? he's not really as sharp as he needs to be.

But so what? is all conjecture at this point. Big Deal.

DO IT. Come on, Rog. Be the man. You're leaving anyway, Leave another cutie here! NOT

Last night I composed and sent the Dear W______ email...Expressing my deep rgret in NOT being able to bail them out of this mess of their making...I'm quite sure that now I will be the bad guy who ruint the whole thing for them...She's probably sticking pins in my effigy right now...OUCHIE!!! :blink: I wished them the best but worrying about one woman has proved to be more than a full time job anywho... :D

Thanks for all the input from everyone and I apologize for sticking this in the wrong forum to begin with...You mean there's more than one forum for visas now??? :rolleyes: Yeah its been awhile since we went through this... :P

Probably for the best. As someone pointed out, you help a little now and where does it stop? If the guy can't get his sh-t together this early in the game what happens later when things start to get hairy in blue slip land? Rog on the white horse to the rescue.

Probably for the best. As someone pointed out, you help a little now and where does it stop? If the guy can't get his sh-t together this early in the game what happens later when things start to get hairy in blue slip land? Rog on the white sheepes to the rescue.

:lol: