If anyone's SO is in china... you should ask her to go to China Post and buy the Olympic stamp collection on sale... the booklet is beautiful and will maybe be a collector item in the future, but a great gift to anyone in the US. The two local Posts here were both sold out so had to take a bus around the city looking for some. Cost is 70 yuan.

There are also year of the Rat stamps which are very nice and a child like book with popup picture with stamps... these seem more appropriate as gifts for people in china as no english but still very nice.

It's a good idea. We were planning on getting one set for my parents and one for an uncle who collects stamps...but I think our little town is too small...honestly, I don't even think they sell stamps haha. We will be going "into town" day after tomorrow so I will check them out there.

How much are the rat stamps? Hubbys older sister is having a baby this year, I'm thinking rat stamps from the kids birth year might be interesting later on in life (ok, probably not, but if they keep it for a while maybe). And my husband is a rat but I know he will never buy one "just to look at" for himself lol.

We watched a segment on Chinese TV news last night of a portable post office near Mt. Everest where they were issuing a special hand stamped envelope with stamp that was only available there for that one day... :drunk: There is a real collector's item... B) 3 workers were inside stamping as fast as they could... :lol:

If anyone's SO is in china... you should ask her to go to China Post and buy the Olympic stamp collection on sale... the booklet is beautiful

They will probably sell out nationwide in no time. Wish I could get some. Maybe they will print more.

:( Hey David, I'll trade you for pineapple :lol:

I'll raise your pineapple and throw in a Texas Watermelon! :)

I see your pineapple, I'll buy you a Texas watermelon, give you 3 coconuts, and a free tour of the lava flow anytime after we get back to Hawaii :D