Hi, our case is still in NVC for CR1/CR2 , I am hoping next week we can pay $400 for IV fee then go with DS-230.

So, USPS is also OK and we need write down the visa applicant name and address in China on the Labels? Pls help me.

I checked with EMS in China and was confirmed we can not pay inadvance but pending mail . So, what is purpose for this kind of label? Is GUZ so lazy they do not want to write the Chinese or maybe then can not.

2 things Lucy.

1) You can pay that bill online now, and save some time.

Here is the link to the James' shortcut wiki we talked about earlier.

It has information to help make each step faster (I hope).

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...8IV_Fee_Bill.29

2) The purpose of the label is to help ensure the package actually gets to the applicant. The mail system to remote areas is often a bit unreliable, and if you can give them a good mailing label, the probability it will get to your loved one is higher.

Credz, another question, when we print out DS-230 barcode from online payment system after we pay, is the EMS labels mentioned on this barcode ?

As we should send our DS-230 before we get the mail from NVC, I worry my husband will make mistake on the EMS labels if he does not any EMS instrudtion from the online print barcode sheet. I use DHL mailed to him , I write my name and address, but I did not write the sender( Guzhangzhou Embassy ) name and address, do you know if we will have any problem not writing Guangzhou embassy name and address ? Someone is saying we need write down Guangzhou embassy name and address as the sender.

Pls help me. Thanks a lot!

Lucy

Lucy please look at the link Credzba gave to you. It has all the info. The barcode only contains the GUZ number. The sender portion of the EMS label will be filled out by the Consulate at GZ.

As far as when to send the DS -230, the instructions in the link will tell you when the right time is for sending this document.

Hi, did you look at post#24 replied by Xiaofeizhu under this topic? She is saying we should fill in Sender( Guangzhou Embassy ) name/address too.

James' shortcut mentioned about the EMS labels, but did not say clearly if we need sender's name and address, so where did you get this information that we need not do? Just a double check since I do not want with my husband asap and do not mess my documents waste time.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lucy

I was told to let GZ fill out the sender portion but it really doesn't matter. As Credzba said, the label is used to ensure the P4 goes to the beneficiary's correct address. The return (sender) address is used only if it does not make it to it's destination so it can be returned back to the Consulate. The critical part is ensuring the beneficiary's address is correct.

If you use the shortcuts link you were given then be certain and read it closely and read it all and make sure you understand it. If you make a mistake then this will delay the petition.

Edited by chilton747 (see edit history)
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, our case is still in NVC for CR1/CR2 , I am hoping next week we can pay $400 for IV fee then go with DS-230.

So, USPS is also OK and we need write down the visa applicant name and address in China on the Labels? Pls help me.

I checked with EMS in China and was confirmed we can not pay inadvance but pending mail . So, what is purpose for this kind of label? Is GUZ so lazy they do not want to write the Chinese or maybe then can not.

2 things Lucy.

1) You can pay that bill online now, and save some time.

Here is the link to the James' shortcut wiki we talked about earlier.

It has information to help make each step faster (I hope).

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...8IV_Fee_Bill.29

2) The purpose of the label is to help ensure the package actually gets to the applicant. The mail system to remote areas is often a bit unreliable, and if you can give them a good mailing label, the probability it will get to your loved one is higher.

Credz, another question, when we print out DS-230 barcode from online payment system after we pay, is the EMS labels mentioned on this barcode ?

As we should send our DS-230 before we get the mail from NVC, I worry my husband will make mistake on the EMS labels if he does not any EMS instrudtion from the online print barcode sheet. I use DHL mailed to him , I write my name and address, but I did not write the sender( Guzhangzhou Embassy ) name and address, do you know if we will have any problem not writing Guangzhou embassy name and address ? Someone is saying we need write down Guangzhou embassy name and address as the sender.

Pls help me. Thanks a lot!

Lucy

Lucy please look at the link Credzba gave to you. It has all the info. The barcode only contains the GUZ number. The sender portion of the EMS label will be filled out by the Consulate at GZ.

As far as when to send the DS -230, the instructions in the link will tell you when the right time is for sending this document.

Hi, did you look at post#24 replied by Xiaofeizhu under this topic? She is saying we should fill in Sender( Guangzhou Embassy ) name/address too.

James' shortcut mentioned about the EMS labels, but did not say clearly if we need sender's name and address, so where did you get this information that we need not do? Just a double check since I do not want with my husband asap and do not mess my documents waste time.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Lucy

I was told to let GZ fill out the sender portion but it really doesn't matter. As Credzba said, the label is used to ensure the P4 goes to the beneficiary's correct address. The return (sender) address is used only if it does not make it to it's destination so it can be returned back to the Consulate. The critical part is ensuring the beneficiary's address is correct.

If you use the shortcuts link you were given then be certain and read it closely and read it all and make sure you understand it. If you make a mistake then this will delay the petition.

Hi, I understand, but there is no details how to fill in EMS labels regarding the sender on James' shortcut or somewhere else, I hope someone can write something which she/him already done on CR/IR case for this EMS labels.

Lucy

Hi, I understand, but there is no details how to fill in EMS labels regarding the sender on James' shortcut or somewhere else, I hope someone can write something which she/him already done on CR/IR case for this EMS labels.

Lucy

On the IV Instruction Packet that NVC send out it has instructions:

MAILING ADDRESS LABEL:

Please get an EMS label from the China Post office and fill in the information required in the label (note please write "Immigrant Visa Unit, American Consulate Guangzhou" in the sender's company name box, and write "No. 1, South Shamian Street, Guangzhou 510133" in the address box). Then return the label, together with the form DS-230 part 1, to the National Visa Center, which sent you the instruction packet. This address label will be used by the U.S. Consulate Guangzhou to send you the appointment packet.

Part of my instructions after paying the first fee online was to fill out the following worksheet and return it with the DS-230. I intend to have a chinese friend in a resturant do this to save time as oppossed to waiting for it to go to china for my wife to fill out.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/std_pk3_supple...3-0001-0801.pdf

I paid the AOS fee bill by mail and I received the I-864 in the mail. I did not se any reference to this form. Am I missing something??

Part of my instructions after paying the first fee online was to fill out the following worksheet and return it with the DS-230. I intend to have a chinese friend in a resturant do this to save time as oppossed to waiting for it to go to china for my wife to fill out.

NewDay2006, where did you get this form? Are you sure NVC mail this to you under DS-230 instruction package ? I never hear any IR/CR case person talking about this.

Pls update.

Lucy

Guest Rob & Jin

Lucy why are you trying to make so very complicated ?

You have received links and advice to both the process and the forms

If your english is no good, let us know this

Sorry for asking, but Your husband , the USC needs to doing these things, where is he in this ?

Edited by Rob & Jin (see edit history)

Lucy why are you trying to make so very complicated ?

You have received links and advice to both the process and the forms

If your english is no good, let us know this

Your husband , the USC needs to doing these things, where is he in this ?

My English is OK.

I want my husband ( usc ) focus on his job. So far I am doing OK on my Visa Journey since I read ask and obtain a lot of help from another blog.

I need be very cautious on all the documents as I do not want get any RFE .

Your case is K1 , I am applying CR1/CR2 visa, it is totally different.

NewDay2006, where did you get this form? Are you sure NVC mail this to you under DS-230 instruction package ? I never hear any IR/CR case person talking about this.

Pls update.

Lucy

Lucy, I couldn't find it again when I just looked at the receipt in the Online payment screen, but when I printed the receipt, there was a link for this. I will try to find it again when I'm not busy at work.

Either way, I don't think it will hurt send it. It's just a way for them to ensure they get the appointment information to you.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer at this point.

Pls update.

Lucy

Lucy, I couldn't find it again when I just looked at the receipt in the Online payment screen, but when I printed the receipt, there was a link for this. I will try to find it again when I'm not busy at work.

Either way, I don't think it will hurt send it. It's just a way for them to ensure they get the appointment information to you.

Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer at this point.

I scanned in the "special Guangzhou" packet I received with my ds-230 and mailed it to Lucy.

This extra form comes as a part of that packet, and has instructions for when it should be returned etc.

I sympathize with Lucy 100%.

It is seldom you find a CR/1 process because most go K3, and the K information is not correct in many cases for the CR/1 process.

I had a very difficult time finding correct CR/1 information.