Question on I-751

This is for a friend of mine who is filing the I-751 for the 10 year green card. He is filing for his wife and her daughter. They both have the two year green cards which will expire soon.

He wants to know if he has to pay the $465 dollar fee, plus $80 for biometrics for each of them, or can he include them both for $465? I have not read the instructions, but he said, the way he reads it, you can include both wife and daughter on one form and pay one fee. Anyone want to tackle this? Thanks in advance. Ron (for Rick). :angry:

The applications MUST be filed within 90 days of the expiration date of EACH green card.

As long as the expiration dates are close enough that he can do that, yes - he can put the daughter on the mother's application and pay only one fee.

Thank you Randy. He tells me that, even though they filed at the same time for the two year cards, the daughter's card came eight months later. So there is about an 8 month difference. Is that too much?

Thank you Randy. He tells me that, even though they filed at the same time for the two year cards, the daughter's card came eight months later. So there is about an 8 month difference. Is that too much?

There is only a 90 day window for this to happen.

Unfortunately, there is no way around the two fees in this case.

One more way the USCIS rewards themselves for inefficiency.

Thanks again, Randy. I told Rick and he's not too happy. A reasonable person would think that they are all one family, wife, daughter, husband, step father, and why do they get hit with separate fees? But, you described it well.

Same thing happened to me-wifey and stepdaughter applied at the same time for the GC-

Interviewed together but USCIS made a mistake and stepdaughters GC was held up 5 months. Thier mistake cost me $465.00--they did not say 'oops, sorry'!!!