Real "Wait time " Zero hour

I believe the real waiting time is the time when you first mail the petition (I-129 for K1) and the time she arrived to America. It doesn't matter when she gets her visa, she still has to take care her business (personal) first in China before she can come. Also, getting a flight out of China near Chinese New Year will be a challenge.

So, someone with the pin should start a new thread so we can begin.

Brian

a thread is useless for that kind of data.. It gets lost after a few post and the 2nd page.. Better thing would be columns in the member list.. like they have at G7

then again, the data will not bring any kind of logic as of how Uncle Sam operates..

But hey.. that keeps us occupied !

I have a dumb question. What is the NOA2? I filed my petition in 10/01, I received what I presume is the NOA1 in 2/02, and she interviewed 8/05/02. GZ has assured me numerous times that "your visa has been approved, and will be issued once we receive notice from stateside (blah, blah, blah)........

Did I miss the NOA2 somewhere along the way? Thank you in advance for any light you might be able to shed on this!!!

I have a dumb question.  What is the NOA2?  I filed my petition in 10/01, I received what I presume is the NOA1 in 2/02, and she interviewed 8/05/02.  GZ has assured me numerous times that "your visa has been approved, and will be issued once we receive notice from stateside (blah, blah, blah)........

Did I miss the NOA2 somewhere along the way?  Thank you in advance for any light you might be able to shed on this!!!

No dumb questions here..

no worries.. You just overlooked it, or can't remember

NOA1= INS received the I-129F

NOA2= they approved it... But try to locate it. It's an important document.

you way past that.. since you interviewed. This is a K process. I wouldn't know about any other visa

K-filers, do hang onto the P2 or approval notice from the service center. Guard it with your life because you must produce it when applying for AOS to permanent resident. If you don't have it, you have to file a form with the service center (and pay a $100+) fee to get a replacement. It is an important document to keep.

-Don H

Don,

Is the P2 the same as the NOA2?

This is interesting!

The part about providing information.

I think we are intitled to ask the CA if in fact our case number has made it to GZ

For example, when the consular officer knows that the intending immigrant is, or is about to become, the spouse of a U.S. citizen (or resident alien, assuming second preference numbers are available for the immigrant’s foreign state or dependent area), the officer should provide any information requested by the applicant or their agent, being careful to remind inquirers of the importance of pursuing the immigrant visa process in the proper order to ensure timely completion of clearances and to avoid expired documents such as medical examinations.