Real "Wait time " Zero hour

I am mad because we interviewed Aug 1.

But I can't honestly get mad at the fact that someone with a, say, November 15 interview gets a letter IF that person has been waiting for 5 months for the appointment to be scheduled in the first place ( meaning after sending back P3 to GZ ). We didn't wait then. just 3 weeks... Then after Interview the S*** hit the proverbial fan.

So really the BASELINE to compare waiting time is that last Packet sent to consulate before the interview, not the interview itself ( This would be P3 as P4 is merely a list of things to gather for the interview ) ,. It means.. OK government, I'm done with ALL my paperwork stuff now.. Your turn. That's when the "wait " starts.. That means the gov't should have NOTHING else to ask you, do their work, then grant or deny a visa

With guys like Mark or myself of early interviewees, the interview was scheduled in pretty much decent time, at least according to known timetables

August 1, all went out the window. Now, all is ( slowly) getting back into gear again ...So the interview date is not really a good measure of wait time, because the rules have changed in those few past months.

Sorry for the rambling...

And yes, i'm still mad

:lol:

Guest bbridges51

Yes, baselines are good, but as long as are considering benchmarks, how about starting with NOA1? Ours was 5/1/02 and it took 3 1/2 months until we received NOA2.

As P3 was sent on 10/1, who knows how long we'll wait until P4. The backlog is killing us all.

Brian

Eric,

I agree 100%. Glad someone analytical put it into perspective. SO essentially by your formula:

baseline = date P3 returned.

hmm, seems like an easy enough theorem, but then again most good theorems usually are. I was always amazed in high school when I learned about the "Associative equality" theorem

if a=b and b=c then a=c.

Seems so simple ... I wish I would have come up with that first so I could have my name in the history books. :lol:

Hehe Eric maybe you can become a famous immigration theorist and get that formula named after you.

P.J.

Yes, baselines are good, but as long as are considering benchmarks, how about starting with NOA1? Ours was 5/1/02 and it took 3 1/2 months until we received NOA2.

As P3 was sent on 10/1, who knows how long we'll wait until P4. The backlog is killing us all.

You can't really use a baseline "wait time" until YOU have given EVERY BIT of info to the gov't to do the case. And that happens when that check list is sent to the Consulate ( P-whatever)

After NOA1, you still have to send P3 etc.. so let's suppose one takes it time to do that. Can't blame the gov't for the additional time..

Only after P3 you can, because you have done/ sent EVERYTHING that was required from you for the interview/visa thing.

I meant whatever stuff we send last  ( The check list, that yes, we have all the documents. Get us in for an interview ) is the real baseline/ Zero hour. I'm getting mixed up with the P numbers . Sorry.  :lol:

that would be P3 with the check list.. GZ received it MAY9.

Then that's when the clearance ( post Aug 1 word ) started....

P4 was received 29 June with a Aug 1 interview date.

Guest bbridges51

I still disagree with using P3 or even the interview date as a baseline.

Backlogs can happen at every step of the process. If you look at the timelines last spring or even now, NOA1 to NOA2 took only about 6 weeks and sometimes less.

SuJuan and I got caught in one over the summer NOA1 to NOA2 took 3 1/2 months, and now with the visa backlog, it may be many more months until we receive P4.

Yes, those of you who interviewed in August were screwed by the system in a mistake that i hope cost someone their job. HOwever, my personal perspective is that people can get backlogged at every step. We've even seen reports where the time from NOA2 to P3 was 6 months.

So, my concept of baseline is still NOA1, the beginning of the line. AFter all, you would't compare your commute home by the last 5 miles of the trip. NO, you'd compare from the beginning.

(Brian stands down from his high horse.)

B

Guest bbridges51

Don,

Nuff said. We're all in this together and I'm rooting for the people ahead of me. As long as we use the same benchmark, we can compare notes...

Care to pin a note so we can all list our dates?

Brian