I've been posting about Mei's son's visa process for some time now. Most of it is all in another thread; "I-130". I decided to make a new one because the approval notice just arrived a few days ago. Since the other thread is an old one, my intent is only to let my friends on CFL know that all is well now and the only thing left is for him to take his passport to the Visa Section and for us to buy his ticket out. As most of you know, this has been an extremely difficult task/process for us with a very, very long waiting period involved. The biggest roadblock was getting the I-601 approved for Mei. I am very glad that I waited through it all and she has been back home for a wee bit more than a year now. I know all of you (knowing the circumstances) would like to have seen the smiles on her face now that we know our son will be joining us in Richmond, VA soon.

Like I said, this was a very hard process. I wouldn't wish it on anybody else but especially to some of the newer members I want you to know that there is a light at the other end of the tunnel. My advice? NEVER GIVE UP! I really am sorry that there never was a timeline done for all of this. So, the best I can do is to say that if anyone has a question about the how to's of it all just ask. I'll do the best I can to answer.

:D

Edited by dcwfn (see edit history)

Glad to hear that you were successful in bringing your son here. I know my wife was ecstatic when we received notice of our daughter's interview. The three of us have been together since September of last year and it is a true blessing to see mother and daughter interacting with each other as well as with me. I am sure it will be the same for you.

Darn it! If GZ had done this only 2-3 weeks sooner my son would've had a major dose of Americana this past weekend. Three races in three days a la NASCAR! Oh well, September will get here soon enough. lol

For those of you who saw that race on FOX.......all I can say within this space is that right or wrong (about the wreck with Jr.) Kyle Bush was away from there really quick.