Which address for combined I-485 & I-765...

Sorry... previously posted in the wrong category (Twisted Candle - what a knucklehead!)... posting again in the right place now.

The answer may be buried somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Also, since I-765 just changed revisions last month, I want to verify the correct address before I mail my SO's AOS package.

So... for a K1 (I-765 eligibility category ©(9)), when filing I-485 and I-765 concurrently - where do I mail the package?

The instructions with I-485 do not have any special instructions for mailing address when applying concurrently. It just says mail to USCIS Lockbox at:

USCIS

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

But, the instructions for I-765 (Rev 4/8/08) say that when filing I-485 and I-765 concurrently then mail to the Nebraska Service Center at:

USCIS

Nebraska Service Center

PO Box 87485

Lincoln, NE 68501-7485

While we are taking advantage of filing concurrently, we are more concerned about efficient processing of the I-485 than the I-765, so I'm a bit reluctant to file based on the instructions in I-765 that seem to differ from I-485.

Anyone know which address to use?

Thanks Much,

Davd

I did a search for the string "concurr" in the I-765 (EAD) instructions - it's not there.

What it does say:

If your response to Question 16 is ©(9) and you filed your I-485 application with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox Facility,

You haven't filed your I-485 (AOS) yet - mail the whole thing to the Chicago lockbox, as per the I-485 directions.

The I-765 address (P.O. Box 87485) applies only if you are sending in the I-785 AFTER the I-485.

"They" used to debate if filing the EAD electronically was any faster. I don't recall that subject having been discussed lately.

You cannot file concurrently with the I-485 - you must wait for the NOA1, and mail a copy of that in anyway.