Has anyone "recently" paid the fees for the P3 stage of the CR1 track?

I looked at the USCIS site for the I-864 at it indicated there was no fee... I couldn't find anything on the ds-230 or for the AOS fee.

In other members timelines here, I see a thing that says 'IV 864 fee bill generated' and 'IV 864 fee paid' as time ticks, with the Petitioner (YOU) paying that bill.

I do note that this fee can be paid online now, so you can at least speed up that part of it , a bit.

But, near as I can recall, this fee is paid whilst your case is still at NVC, and that means PRIOR to it being shipped out to GUZ. But that's what I remember - I could be dead wrong as well.

The timelines in question - with these two ticks in em, were ONLY viewable in the members' signature thingie (Thank You Fellas for doing that !) ..

Look up 'bokiwen' here for the time ticks I'm referring to, he is on the edge for his timeline, as well.

Edited by Darnell (see edit history)

I looked at the USCIS site for the I-864 at it indicated there was no fee... I couldn't find anything on the ds-230 or for the AOS fee.

In other members timelines here, I see a thing that says 'IV 864 fee bill generated' and 'IV 864 fee paid' as time ticks, with the Petitioner (YOU) paying that bill.

I do note that this fee can be paid online now, so you can at least speed up that part of it , a bit.

But, near as I can recall, this fee is paid whilst your case is still at NVC, and that means PRIOR to it being shipped out to GUZ. But that's what I remember - I could be dead wrong as well.

The timelines in question - with these two ticks in em, were ONLY viewable in the members' signature thingie (Thank You Fellas for doing that !) ..

Look up 'bokiwen' here for the time ticks I'm referring to, he is on the edge for his timeline, as well.

Much of what you stated is true but I was looking for a dollar figure.

Sorry, don't know the amounts. But - yer question confused me, as you mentioned P3 (processing in GUZ) and I-864 (processing at NVC).

I have heard there were other fees to be paid on CR-1 as well, at the consulate, but don't remember if was P3, P4 or at the interview. Sorry....

Sorry, don't know the amounts. But - yer question confused me, as you mentioned P3 (processing in GUZ) and I-864 (processing at NVC).

I understand your confusion, Usually the term "p3" is associated with the K1(i129f), that why I mentioned the CR1 track. You are right that the processing is at the NVC, but one form is from the USCIS(i-864) or at least on the uscis website and one(ds-230) is from the Department of State. and probably at least 2 other forms in this step of the process all of which are sent to the NVC.

It's ok of the cost... whatever it is I will have to pay it. :lol:

Thanks for the info. very helpful. It looks like the online payment is the way to go now.

Someone had posted recently that the online payment is not up and running as of yet. I will be checking on this come time to pay the IV fee. I sent the AOS fee by express mail.

There is no fee for USCIS for I-864, there IS a fee charged by NVC for I-864.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

$355+$45 for the visa, and $70 for the I-864.

NVC is starting an online payment system for this.

https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I just did the online payment. it was pretty cool. I though I would have to pay for both my wife's son and my wife... but I only have to pay for her. :) ... will I only have to pay one fee for the

I-864, that is $380 instead $760? :unsure:

Fyi,I received the following message after paying online.

The following details the AOS and IV Fees invoiced in the letter that you received from the National Visa Center (NVC). To pay, click on the desired Select boxes and then click on the PAY SELECTED FEES button.

IMPORTANT: Any payment(s) you make now will have a status of IN PROCESS and will require 2-3 business days to clear. Sign in to this case again after 2-3 business days to verify that the payment status has become PAID. If it has, continue to the Receipt page and follow the instructions for printing the DOCUMENT COVER SHEET.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I just did the online payment. it was pretty cool. I though I would have to pay for both my wife's son and my wife... but I only have to pay for her. :rolleyes: ... will I only have to pay one fee for the

I-864, that is $380 instead $760? :unsure:

Fyi,I received the following message after paying online.

The following details the AOS and IV Fees invoiced in the letter that you received from the National Visa Center (NVC). To pay, click on the desired Select boxes and then click on the PAY SELECTED FEES button.

IMPORTANT: Any payment(s) you make now will have a status of IN PROCESS and will require 2-3 business days to clear. Sign in to this case again after 2-3 business days to verify that the payment status has become PAID. If it has, continue to the Receipt page and follow the instructions for printing the DOCUMENT COVER SHEET.

Cool beans about paying online !! Thanks for the data ticks on the amounts, I'll be doing that soon. I too, am confused, about yer wife's son's stuff - that's for CR-2, yes? Congrats again !!

I too, am confused, about yer wife's son's stuff - that's for CR-2, yes? Congrats again !!

Yes,CR-2.... but in my case it will be IR1 / IR2 since they took a long time to process.actually it would only be IR1/IR2 until POE, because we won't have been married for 2 years until next month.

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I too, am confused, about yer wife's son's stuff - that's for CR-2, yes? Congrats again !!

Yes,CR-2.... but in my case it will be IR1 / IR2 since they took a long time to process.actually it would only be IR1/IR2 until POE, because we won't have been married for 2 years until next month.

NewDay2006, you only need pay $70 for IR1 case, IR2 AOS fee will be covered by IR1 case.

But you will have to pay two IV Fee, $400 each, total $800 for IR1 & IR2.

We paid on line today, waiting for status update to "Paid".

Lucy

NewDay2006, you only need pay $70 for IR1 case, IR2 AOS fee will be covered by IR1 case.

But you will have to pay two IV Fee, $400 each, total $800 for IR1 & IR2.

We paid on line today, waiting for status update to "Paid".

Lucy

Lucy, you are right.. only $70 for the AOS fee.

2 times $400 for the IV fee.

I don't think it will be IR1/IR2 yet... we aren't married 2 years until late next month... so I guess they will make it IR1/IR2 at the POE. I will make sure I tell Lao Po ;)

ND2006