Pink-blue Blues, sitting in the Heartbreak Hotel

Guest Rob & Jin

yes unfortunatly the usa seems to have 4 seperate and distict policies on immigration

Workers corporations want = easy

illegals corporations want = easy/ maybe even a free pass to come

Family from the west /developed (white)countries = easy

Family from poor or emerging(not-white) countries = darn hard

<_<

I am guessing many on this site are like me - a bit traumatized by the strange experience of applying to hidden strangers, for permission actually to live with our wives or fiancees, in our own countries. We spend so long (I registered the I-130 with USCIS in Nov 2006), jumping so many hoops, and seeming to have so little control over our own fates ¨C it¡¯s maybe no wonder there¡¯s such an emotional outpouring when the whole frustrating, draining process is over.

I admit there have been times I have wondered which was the free country.

I¡¯ve been in China 10 separate times since 2004, when we met, to see Miao. At no time, did the Chinese authorities make any difficulty for us, granting and extending the visa.

That parallels my thoughts and experience. Well said!!! <_<

P.S. How do I get our picture to appear on the left-hand side of posts like all you old-hands' beautiful pics do? I uploaded the pic to our new profile...thanks.

In 'My Controls' look for 'avatar' settings.

I am guessing many on this site are like me - a bit traumatized by the strange experience of applying to hidden strangers, for permission actually to live with our wives or fiancees, in our own countries. We spend so long (I registered the I-130 with USCIS in Nov 2006), jumping so many hoops, and seeming to have so little control over our own fates ¨C it¡¯s maybe no wonder there¡¯s such an emotional outpouring when the whole frustrating, draining process is over.

I¡¯ve been in China 10 separate times since 2004, when we met, to see Miao. At no time, did the Chinese authorities make any difficulty for us, granting and extending the visa.

That parallels my thoughts and experience. Well said!!! :)

Hey Peter,

It's been a while since I seen you back on the site. By the way, Congratulations on your P4. Let's all go get that "Pink".

jimncherry

Just wanted to thank everyone so much for their kind words. I am astonished by this outpouring!

I¡¯ve been in China 10 separate times since 2004, when we met, to see Miao. At no time, did the Chinese authorities make any difficulty for us, granting and extending the visa. In 2006, I even went to live in China with my new wife and daughter. I have to admit that neither the company I work for in the USA, nor even I, could hack it at that time, and I came home after 3 months. But, my point is that I could have stayed forever as far as the Chinese were concerned. I couldn¡¯t even get a visitor-visa for Miao, before we were married, let alone after ¨C the Yankees just said ¡°no¡±.

On reflection, it¡¯s not that it¡¯s taken so long that I mind. It¡¯s that the USA treats us as distantly and arrogantly as is possible, given that it is supposed to be operating within a framework of law. Getting information about case status is often unwarrantably hard.

P.S. How do I get our picture to appear on the left-hand side of posts like all you old-hands' beautiful pics do? I uploaded the pic to our new profile...thanks.

Regarding to putting a picture: Go to My controls then to avatar settings, download photo and send. Looking forward to seeing who we are chatting with.

jimncherry